~ danced ~

~ this city's gonna break my heart ~

Both the agents were walking in front of Noah as she looked around the hallway outside the bullpen in wonder

Both the agents were walking in front of Noah as she looked around the hallway outside the bullpen in wonder. She was scared and so she distracted herself by watching the people around her. She could tell who had seen the most and who had just started. Some held the face that Rossi wore, he knew the bad in the world but knew he was doing the best he could to stop it. Some wore the look Aaron wore, he felt like he would never do enough, that he wouldn't be able to keep the ones he loved the most safe. And some wore the look Jack used to carry, eager to learn and know about the world.

Noah's face was carefully guarded and it surprised the agents that they couldn't read her. It bugged Spencer more than Rossi because well Rossi acknowledged a long time ago (you can't know everything about everyone) Spencer felt as if he couldn't do his job right.

Rossi clears his throat and Noah glances up at him realizing he was holding the door open for her. Thanking him quietly, she walks ahead of him and into the bullpen of the BAU. A group of agents, Hotchners agents from what she could tell, all stood with there backs towards her.

"Well it's going to be awkward." Emily Prentiss states, taking a sip from her cup.

Derek nods, "Yeah. She is Jacks school teacher, Rossi said she's known Hotch for years."

Garcia sighs sadly, "I really hope she doesn't quit being his teacher, Jack loves her. I mean sure it's awkward because who wants their students dad to know about the traumatic story of their lives but Hotch has seen the worst of the worst I don't think this will effect him much."

Morgan places down his file, "Pretty boy said she doesn't even remember anything, do you think anything actually happened?"

JJ grunts, "Spence said something about if the brain registers an overwhelming trauma, then it can essentially block that memory out in hope to protect itself."

"Dissociation." Noah states, earning there attention, "Detachment from reality."

The all look embarrassed but Noah didn't mind. "If I'm a victim than you need to do victimology right? Don't be embarrassed for doing your job." They nod slowly, surprised she wasn't mad at them.

Noah holds out her hand, "Agent Morgan I'm guessing," he nods and she moves on, "JJ.." she pulls Penelope into a hug, "Ms. Garcia. Aaron had told me you enjoyed hugs more than handshakes." The blond holds her tight nodding. "And I assume you are Agent Prentiss." Emily nods.

They were all trying to get a read on her except Garcia who was blabbering about how much she likes Noah's outfit. Noah had carefully studied the room she was in, a habit she got from her father, as she met Aaron's eyes. Him knowing her longer was aware that she wasn't happy that she was here. He knew she had made a list of pros and cons in her head and came because she knew that her presence would mean maybe saving another life. He also knew that she knew as much as them for if she knew more she would have flinched at his presence.