~ lecture~

" we've traveled the seas
We've ridden the stars
We've seen everything
From Saturn to Mars "

" we've traveled the seas We've ridden the stars We've seen everythingFrom Saturn to Mars "

Noah wasn't in a good space. Tears stained her face.
Eyes blood shot, ears ringing. The panic attacks wouldn't stop. She knew she should tell Aaron but he was busy with work. He was in Oregon- no that was last week. This week he was in Idaho. Something about missing children. He seemed stressed.

Noah stayed in her apartment. The school was hesitant in reinstating her. Parents didn't like a rape victim teaching there children or something. Noah could care less. She had enough investments to keep her finances stable. But sitting around kept her isolated. Kept her thinking.

Noah wasn't even aware when her phone buzzed. Not until the second time. Her screen lit up with the notification. 4 minutes ago.

Miss Penelope ✨💅🏼🤍: just thought I'd send a quick text to inform you that the plane carrying the love of your life is landing in 30. I can sneak you a visitor pass if you want to kiss the heck out of him when he arrives. 👀 I won't judge. Maybe snap a pic.

A smile graced Noah's face at the text. Penelope was an icon. A wonderful friend. Noah was lucky to have her. Reaching to put her phone back on the desk, it buzzed again.

Aaron 🕵🏻: wheels down in 30. Can't wait to hold you.

Noah's smile grew. Her eyes reading and rereading the text. She was wanted. She had to remember that. Aaron wanted her just as much as she needed him. He was slowly turning into someone very important to her. At least she liked to pretend there was still a way out that wouldn't end up hurting her. That she was taking what they had slow. But she was his. He had her heart. And he could easily break it.

Cold water splashed against Noah's warm cheeks. Hands pulled her hair into a tight bun. Flyaways framing her face. Noah knew she should probably dress in something more professional than one of Aaron's crew neck sweaters, George Washington University, beige with black letters, and leggings. But she didn't work in the FBI, she was going to see her boyfriend.

Noah slipped sunglasses over her eyes, keys and phone in hand, and slowly pushed her front door open. Her eyes quickly adjusted to the bright flashes. Ears taking in the shouts. She ignored the click of the cameras and questions that travelled through the air as she shoved her way through the paparazzi and towards the elevator. The liftman, Jamie, already having the door open and blocking anyone from entering. Noah shot him a gentle smile, and waited for the doors to close.

"Evening Ma'am. Heading anywhere specific?"

Noah nods. "On my way to go see Aaron. What about you? Have any plans with the wife?"

Jamie nodded enthusiastically, "Oh yes, Cheryl and I will be in bed in two hours." He jokes, eyes sparkling, smile wide.

Noah snorts, "I heard your girls are coming down, I know Nancy has a boyfriend now."