~ bruise ~

~ why is the bedroom so cold turned
away on your side,
is my timing that flawed,
our respect run so dry ~

~ why is the bedroom so cold turned away on your side, is my timing that flawed, our respect run so dry ~

Two weeks later

"The last word is gentlemen, 'The kind gentlemen held the door open for Kariah.' Gentleman." Noah projects across her classroom, honestly annoyed that she had to have the lights on for this. Noah hated giving spelling tests about as much as the students hated taking them. It was a mutual hate, a very strong, mutual hate.

After waiting for about a minute, Noah shuts the year long language arts book, sending everyone a smile, "That's it, does any one need any repeated?"

It stays silent.

"Okay, hand your tests to Rudy and you can go," she states, laughing to herself when the children all bulldoze out of the classroom, practically throwing the papers at their fellow classmate. It was recess and they did not want to miss a single second of it. Rudy just calmly walks up to his teacher, handing Noah the tests.

"Here you go Ms. C,"

Thanking him, Noah places them on her desk before motioning him to sit in front of her. The kid grows nervous, "Am I in trouble?" His timid voice questions.

Noah sends him a warm smile, "Not at all. I just wanted to talk to you about Jack."

The kid in front of her grows noticeably more nervous, "What about him?" He asks, it was almost too obvious how hard he was trying to act nonchalant.

Licking her lips, Noah thinks of how to word her question. "Have you noticed if he's acting a bit different? I've just seen him seem a bit down and since your his best friend I figured you'd know."

Fiddling with his hands, Rudy looks up, he promised Jack he wouldn't tell. Ms. C was right, Jack is his best friend, which is why he had to lie, "He just misses his dad. It's almost his birthday and he's a bit scared his dad will be working." He fibs. Technically he wasn't lying, Jack was worried about that. But he always was. Rudy silently decides that Jack had bigger things to worry about then his 10th birthday.

Noah nods, knowing the kid was lying. Before she could answer though, the classroom door opened, the reason behind the conversation standing in front of both the teacher and her student.

Noah stays calm, although right at this moment all she wanted to do was scream, or cry, she wasn't quite sure, "Oh- Jack what happened?" She asks, quickly walking around her desk, kneeling in front of the 9 year old.

He just shrugs, "My dads out of town and his fe- fia-,"

"Fiancé,"

He nods, "She didn't know that I couldn't ride my bike all that well so she went ahead of me and I tumbled down the hill. It looks a lot worst then it feels though," he assures. The kid was stoic, and Noah was lucky she knew Aaron Hotchner because the only time either Hotchner boy went completely stoic around her, they either didn't want to talk about whatever they were talking about, they were not telling her something, or they were lying. Noah chose the latter.

They had a annual bike ride every year for the Walk For Water charity and Jack rode just fine. The boys look at each other worriedly, probably realizing Jacks mistake. Noah just sighs, falling to her knees, "Just come give me a hug," she mutters, pulling the kid into her. She knew something was wrong but she also knew that Jack wasn't going to tell her.

That's the 10th bruise Noah had seen on him in the last two weeks and she wanted answers.

Before she had a chance to say anything the bell rang signaling the end of recess.

*

Aaron sighed, "I know, I-"

"THERE IS NO EXCUSE AARON!" Genesis Amber screamed, flinging her arms around, the giant diamond ring on her finger glimmering in what was left of daylight, "IM STUCK WITH YOUR SON, 24/7 WELL YOUR GOD KNOWS WHERE!"

"I understand that my job can be a lot. I can always have Jessica watch Jack if it makes it easier when I'm gone, I-"

"AND JESSICA! How do I know your not SCREWING the bitch?!"

Aaron sighs again, not looking up from the ground in front of him, "Gen, I know this is hard and with the wedding coming up, I know I'm not making anything easier with my job bu-"

"But you love it and can never leave it, I know, it's all you can FUCKING talk about. Your team. Jack. I AM YOUR FIANCÉ! What about me?"

Aaron stands up, "Gen, I-"

"DADDY!" Jacks excited voice rings through the house, "Dad your home!" He runs and hugs the agent, a boyish grin on his face.

"UGHHH! YOU SEE THIS SHIT? OH M-"

"Enough," Aaron cuts her off, this being the first time he ever raised his voice. Aaron could take a lot but he wouldn't let his son have the same childhood as him. Not if he had a say in it. There would be no cussing or screaming around his child.

Genesis just looks at him before sighing, "I'm going out, don't wait up." She mumbles, walking out before Aaron could even respond. He just sighs, glancing down at his sun, "Jesus Jack where did you get that," Aaron asks worriedly, placing his ruff fingers gently around the bruise on Jacks cheek. It was a dark purple, almost black and looked like hell.

Jack shrugs, "Me and Rudy where wrestling, it went a bit to far." Aaron sighs, pulling his son into him, "You need to be careful Jack." He mumbles.

"I know."

Both of the Hotchner boys make there way to the living room. Both of them occupied by their thoughts. Jack was relieved and a bit disappointed that his dad didn't notice his horrible lie. Aaron was rethinking his whole engagement.

Both males just wanted the other to be happy, not matter the cost. And if that meant that Jack get hit around a bit, so be it. And if it meant that Aaron was marrying a women he was positive was both cheating on him and just overall toxic, so be it.

The both truly believed that Genesis Amber was good for the other and that's why the kept her around. Little did they know, they both hated the women with every fiber of there being.