~ why exactly am I doing this ~

All our secrets are smothered by dirt,

underneath paving stones

Lying, waiting to be told

Some stay hidden, 

while some get found

Like a long lost soul,

 like a skull beneath the ground ~

It was a long day. Noah spent half of it teaching and the other half filtering calls from her father and getting communications up and running, mics and cameras. It was hard and Aaron watched her all day with a blank expression. She couldn't tell if he was worried or still mad at her. It didn't matter. She couldn't focus on anything other than grading this weeks spelling tests and not dying tonight. 

"Ms. Calvino?" Noah glanced up at the voice. Old, rich, political, mother. Not a good mix. 

Noah stands up from behind JJ's old liaison desk, she was grading papers on it waiting for the party to start, and holds out her hand, "I am she. Who might you be?" Her voice was smooth, the one she used when she was with her father. It made her seem like the politic. But she'd had dealt with many versions of the woman in front of her for many years and wasn't worried the slightest.  

"I'm section chief Erin Strauss." She introduced. Noah squeezed her hand a little harder before letting go and sitting back down. Strauss followed, sitting in front of the desk. Noah could tell that she hated that. Not being in control. She saw Noah as someone beneath her and therefore did not enjoy being on the other side of the desk. Like Noah was conducting an interview and Erin was asking for the job. 

Noah went back to grading the spelling tests. Her face was blank and she ignored Strauss clearing her throat. If she wanted to ask a question, she should ask a question. She could claim Noah was wasting her time but in reality, Strauss was wasting hers. She had more important things to do then stroke ones ego. If she felt like doing that, she'd answer her fathers calls. 

"I have a question for you Ms. Calvino." Noah glances up, "Aaron Hotchner.." That caused Noah to set down her pen, well Garcia's pen, and lean back in her chair, "Have you noticed Aaron's lack of focus with work?" 

Noah shook her head, "Not at all. Although we have no connection outside of him being my students father and me being raped by the unsub in the case he is currently working on. It's not as if we spend every day together." Strauss flinched at the word rape but tried to keep her composure. 

"But you do live with him?" Strauss was getting on her nerves now. She knew what she was doing. 

Noah nodded, "I was stabbed last week. I felt it would be a safer alternative than being alone and getting shot this time."