A failed job

After we had kissed and really realized our love, we talked, and after I made a fire and we cuddled beside it, it was a good night, and it helped take his nerves off for the meeting well at least for the next two days. 

You see we spent the next day just painting the town together, shopping, talking, figuring things out, holding hands, and of course more hot chocolate. But the next day; the day before Life Day was the meeting and he was anxious. 

When we got to the building he was shaking like a twig. I stopped him for a moment before I wrapped my arms around him before I began to squeeze the life out of him. 

"What are you doing?" he wondered with a scared voice. 

"I read somewhere that pressure like this when you are nervous or upset helps you calm down something with the nerves, so just breathe Lux," I instructed him as I continued to squeeze my arms around him. He began to take deep breathes and I could start to feel his heartbeat slow down. 

"Hey it helped thank you," he turned to me when I let go and gave me a light kiss on my cheek. 

"And I will be right there so if you need someone to look at," I began giving him a sweet smile. 

"I will be looking at you 'Soka," he said in an adorable voice before he gave my hand a tight squeeze and he was off. 

I headed towards the viewing section where to my surprise I saw Master Skywalker. 

"Anakin!" I called as I approached him excitedly. 

"Oh, hey snips!" He gave a smile that let me know that he knew I was coming, that he knew all along what my assignment was. 

"Here for Senator Amidala?" I wondered even though I already knew the answer to that as I took my spot standing next to him.

"Yes, any more attacks on Bonteri?' He peered the question as he turned to me.

"Uh-no," I answered him before I realized that there hadn't been any attacks at all not even some suspicious people towards him, but the fact that this was probably I set up didn't bother me anymore.

"Welcome again! My, it's been a year since we've seen you all," King Denup announced as the Senators came forwarded silencing the room. "I wish you all the best as we address the matters!" He gave a bright smile before he backed away letting Senator Amidala have his space. 

"Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, and I am so glad to have you all here to celebrate the Republic and to put a message out to all the planets who remain under Separatist control, to start this off let me introduce the Senator of Onderon; Lux Bonteri!" She held her hand out as Lux came forwards and my heart fluttered out of control but I tried to keep cool next to Anakin. 

"Hello welcome to this meeting and the lovely Eve of Life Day, I really just want t start by thanking you all for being here, all of you have been here through the fight to make Onderon a Republic planet! Free form the lives of the Separatists, and we should help the whole galaxy, help the whole galaxy be free from-" I sat back as I let Lux's voice take me away in joy, in daydream. "The slaughterers Count Dooku who doesn't have a true word for anyone, who's every single word is filled with lies and cares for no one-" 

A single loud boom rang through the room, making everyone's ears ring, making us all feel numb. No one was aware of what just happened that is until everyone began to bring their attention back from the ear throbbing noise. 

I let my eyes become un blurry and that's when I saw, I saw Lux's stumble to the floor, and I knew what had happened instantly; He was shot, I was too distracted to do my job, to remember my purpose, to know that assains were still after him.

And they had succeeded.