Ice, Ice

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I felt calm, with an overwhelming sense of comfortable warmth. When I began to shift awake I felt something wrapped around me gently, as my vision came to me as I awoke I realized that head was resting on Lux's chest. At first, I panicked but I felt calm, I felt safe and he was sleeping, and he did look pretty cute. I took a deep breathe before I rested my head back down on his chest, it was warm, I was warm. 

"'Soka," I felt a gentle rub on my back as my eyes began to peel open once more, and I knew I must have fallen back asleep. 

"Good morning," I responded groggily as my tiredness remained in my body. My mind didn't even bother to think how he would feel about this cuddling, or about how I felt about it. 

"Did you sleep well?" Was all he asked me when he shifted awake. 

"Yes, perfectly," I smiled as I rubbed my eyes slowly still attempting to wake up properly because I honestly had never slept that good.

"Good, because I think you are really going to enjoy what I have planned," He gave a geeky-like smile before he sat up straight letting me out of his arms and I didn't know why I longed to go back into them.  He slid off the bed before he headed to the refresher'. 

"Dress warmly!" He called before he grabbed fresh clothes from the closet. He headed into the refresher' and I laid back down onto the bed, my head slamming on the pillow. I grasped the blanket and pulled it over my face before I let out a confused groan. 

"Purpose before feeling," I told myself out loud over and over before I heard him come back out.

After I had gotten dressed we headed to the mystery destination stopping for danishes for breakfast along the way, it was colder than t was yesterday, but I felt warm on the inside as Lux covered my eyes when we got closer. 

"OK, ready?" His voice trickled with excitement as his hands began to uncover my eyes. When the darkness from the cover of his hands began to drift away I was met by a sight I have never quite seen before. There was a bright elected glare from the sun on the ice that was a little blinding. There was a bustle of people moving around ontop of the ice and I couldn't help but be confused when Lux held up two pairs of strange shoes. "these are skates," He smiled brightly as he handed me my pair. We sat down on the soft bench to tie on the shoes, putting no shoe,s ok was something I could obviously do. "This is called Ice Skating," he lead me with a wide grin to the door to the ice. 

When I stepped on it I felt uneasy as My body began to slip down it out of control, it was like standing on top of a ship, not the most fun experience. I wanted to move forwards so I moved my feet the best that I could as I observed how Lux did it. He kept a careful eye on me as he skated backward in front of me. 

I probably looked ridiculous my arm flailing around like some helpless youngling, and I didn't know how to feel especially when I fell. I felt an unbalance and before I knew it a toppled on top of Lux bringing him down to the ice with me. 

"Oh, I am so sorry," I squirmed as I looked uncomfortably close into his eyes that told that he was having the best time of his life. 

"Oh, no, don't worry about it," he laughed as he didn't fight to stand back up. "Are you ok?" He wondered curiously as he helped me back up. 

"Ha, you caught my fall so I'm ok," I laughed as I brushed myself off before Lux grabbed my hand. He grabbed my hand and there was like this small spark, a spark of joy, excitement, and for some reason, I felt exhilarated, like the way he had when I grabbed his hand when we were running after he got arrested. 

He held my support in his hand as he helped glid me across the rink. 

"Just let your feet slowly slide apart from each other, just let them be free," he spoke in a way that made my heart throb. 

"Ah-ok," I responded nervously as I began to try what he was doing with his feet. "I think it's working!" I exclaimed a little too early because I ended up slipping but luckily with Lux holding my hand, he caught me before we could fall to the ice again. 

"You'll get the hang of it, practice," he told me softly, his voice like the sweetest of songs

At this moment we were just like any other citizen that skated on that rink. We weren't Senator and Jedi, just people with no duty but to have fun with each other and that's what we lived out in that moment with glorious laughter and the sweetest of smiles. 

"I have to say that is probably the most fun I have ever had," I chuckled as I stumbled out of the rink. 

"I am so glad you liked it, and hey you were pretty good at it when you got used to it," He nudged me in the side, as we returned our skates.  We walked out after paying what was do for our visit only to look into each other's eyes in the darkness of the night the holiday lights twinkling in our eyes. There was this feeling deep down inside of me that I feel as though I've felt before but not this bad, and I couldn't explain. I didn't even know what it is. I didn't know why my heart raced, why my palms were sweaty, why I felt so weak, or why the nerves were eating me from the inside, and especially why if I felt this way why was I so happy?