Batter

"Ok, what do we need first, this?" I questioned picking a plastic bottle of strange colored liquid towards his face, and I guess I was wrong as he began to let out a light laugh. 

"No, that's food coloring it's for the frosting," His smile widened, and I could already tell that we were going to have a great time, even though I still didn't really want to be there, but friends. his sweet hand caressed my hand as he placed the food coloring back on the table smoothly before he gently replaced it with a box of flour in my hand. "Start with this," His smile never faded as his grey eyes caught onto mine like a hook, and I couldn't help it but I had to look away. 

"Alright, so just sprinkle this in," I instructed my self as I lightly tipped over the box, aiming the best towards the bowl, only to miss sending a huge cloud of puff onto the table. 

"Here, let me help," He continued to hide his giggle as his soft touch met on my arms, as he directed my hands over the bowl. I don't know exactly what it was but I could feel my tension, my worry slowly drift away, as I sense of enjoyment began to slowly fade in. 

"Ok, after the flour, comes.." My eyes scanned the ingredients that were laid out on the table as I wanted to guess what would come next. 

"Eggs," Lux grinned as he gestured to the five eggs that laid out n a neat row, except for the brush of flour that smoothed over them. I grabbed them carefully as the coldness seemed to strike me as the flour dropped into my palms. I handed some of them to Lux so we could crack them at the same time. I patted the egg gently on the bowl hoping for it to crack but not wanting to make a mess. I lifted the side towards me to see that it hadn't cracked, but when my eyes went back to the bowl I noticed that Lux was already done. "Need some help?" he wondered as he looked at the eggs that remained in my hand. To be honest I was embarrassed. "Here, don't be afraid to bang it, you're actually doing it to gently, just bang it on the bowl," his smooth voice with the sweet scent let my hands like a song as I hovered the egg over the edge of the bowl.

 I accidentally slammed instead f banged it on the edge, sending the insides to explode all over us, and I didn't know what to do, but all I could feel was my stomach drop, this was the third time I had caused some mess in his apartment. I waited for anger, for annoyance but all that came was a burst of dying laughter, as egg-covered Lux struggled to catch his breath, and soon enough my worry faded as I was brought up with this light sense, this chuckle.

He handed me a festive-colored rag to wipe off his face before he wiped his off, and soon enough his grey eyes were clear from the sticky muck that was now emerged on the towel. 

"Hey if you want I can go fix the door while you finish up here," I laughed for I didn't want to make more of a mess than I had already made. 

"Oh, no it's fine I want you to help me, it's fun," He wasn't his wide grin any longer as it gleamed out in front of me and I couldn't help but giggle slightly. He was right this was fun. 

"There we go in the oven, and hopefully not to burn," He stepped back relieved that we were able to make another huge batch, but still worried that they might burn once more. 

"Well I really hope not, we should probably keep a close eye on them," I shrugged as I sat up on the counter that we had cleaned free of the ingredients. When lux turned to me his face let go in a held back laughter. "What is it?" I let out an airy laugh as I tossed a sparkle mint into my mouth. 

"You're covered in batter," He chuckled as we were both filled with the wonder of how I had even managed. "May I ask, if you have ever down this before?' He continued to chuckle as he placed the oven mitts down. 

"That obvious, huh?" I joked as I glanced up from observing my batter covered clothes. Lux grabbed another towel that wasn't covered in egg goo before he approached me. He held up a steady hand as he brought the towel to my cheek, where he ever so softly began to wipe the batter off my orange complexion. "Oh you don't have-" I stopped as I realized how bizarrely sweet this was, even though it wasn't my cup of tea so to say, after all, why would I need someone to do this if I could do it myself? But that was Lux he always did other things for people, he wanted to make them happy in any way, wanted to help them no matter what it would take. 

The holiday spice scents filled our nostrils as we sat there on the table together staring at the oven, the apartment cozy with a good sense of warmth, safe from the outside. Just two good friends, who haven't seen each other for a long time together at last, and during Life Day season. It brought a sense of warmth happiness that hadn't existed until this moment, and there was still so much to be discovered so much to learn about each other, about the holidays.