Chapter 13

A/N - Maturity level warning for use of a bit more explicit language also possible TW: Unhealthy relationship

"I flew all the way out here to be with you and you can't even be bothered to actually pay attention when we're together!" He exclaimed sounding frustrated.

"E I'm sorry, you know I am but the show comes out in less than a week! Tim asked me to stay on my phone for updates." She tried to explain while shutting off the phone and placing it down next to her. 

"Ya, I'm sure that's what it is." He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think you know exactly what I mean Liv." Said Ethan, raising his eyebrows and narrowing his eyes.

"Josh?" She questioned while a look of disbelief crossed her face.

"Who else?" He let out a short, dry laugh.  

"Ethan, I'm not texting Josh okay? We're not even friends anymore, we haven't even spoken outside of work in months." She said trying to not let the hints of sadness and regret seep into her voice. 

"Okay baby, I'm sorry. I trust you, I do, I just don't trust that guy. Just forget it, let's not fight in the little time we have together. Alright?" He said in a voice that sounded sincere, it sounded like he really meant it. 

"Ya, uh - ya alright." She said a little thrown off at his sudden change in attitude. She placed her head down on his shoulder and he pulled her into his side while they turned their attention back to the movie. They were back at her place watching some Netflix while her mom was on her way home with takeout. It was Ethan's second day in town, and they were trying to make the most of their time together before he had to leave again.

-

The next day on set, Olivia kept to herself a bit more than usual. She got her scenes done and her  acting was good but when she wasn't blocking, running lines or on camera, she'd sit alone in her trailer waiting for her next scene to be called. She hadn't really been feeling herself lately, very stressed and on edge most of the time. Having Ethan show up, she thought it would be a nice way to relax, a nice distraction from everything that had been bothering her lately but for some reason, having him here was just stressing her out more. She felt bad, she was working too much and he was right, he paid to fly out and surprise her and she could barely even be fully present in the limited time they were together. 

"Liv?" She heard someone call from the other side of the trailer door as they knocked lightly. "Liv, you in there?" They called again.

"Ya Dara, come in!" She called back from her place on her couch. The door swung open and Dara stepped inside, shutting the door behind her. 

"Hun, I mean this is the nicest way possible, but you look like you just came back from the dead." Said Dara jokingly which put a small smile on Olivia's face. She was currently on her couch, lying down and wrapped in about three different blankets that she had stored in her trailer. 

"I'm just tired Dar. Between the late shoots, school and everything else that's been going on lately." She sighed as she sat up and patted the empty space next to her for her friend to sit.

"Uh huh and everything else meaning Josh," she paused. "Or Ethan?" She questioned, raising her brow knowingly. Olivia let out a short laugh because of course she knew.

"That obvious huh?" She smiled.

"Well you haven't touched Josh with a ten foot pole since like the first week of shooting and I heard Ethan showed up yesterday so given the fact that this is pretty much your busiest week, I made an educated guess." She said putting a supportive arm on her friend's shoulder while Olivia sighed.

"Well Josh and I, uh it's too complicated to explain and Ethan, he's great, we're great, it's just a lot right now. I think I just need some space." She said with deep exhale.

"Liv you gotta tell him that then, you need to prioritize yourself. Okay?" She said rubbing a soothing hand on Olivia's back.

"Thanks Dar, I think I needed that." Said Liv, pulling her friend into a hug.

"Anytime babe, now we gotta get you back to hair and makeup before your next scene. I love you but you look like the walking dead. Come on, up and at 'em." She said pulling her arms while the two girls laughed and Olivia trudged out of her trailer.

-

Their day ended around 7pm, pretty early for the week they've had, and Olivia made her way to the parking lot to see Ethan's black car waiting for her. He insisted on picking her up again which she appreciated, of course she did, but like Dara said she just needed some time to herself this week. That was exactly what she planned on explaining to him, she just hoped he'd understand where she was coming from. 

"Hey Liv," he said stepping out of the car and pulling her in for a short and sweet kiss. "How was work?" He asked while pulling away. 

"It was good, just really hectic with the premiere coming up y'know?" She started with a small smiling and he nodded. "Speaking of I kinda wanted to talk to you about something if you don't mind?" She spoke a little nervously. 

"Ya of course anything babe, what's going on?" He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh here, um okay. Well you know how I've been super busy with the show lately and you know how much I've missed you but I think I just need a little alone time. With everything that's been going on, I kind-of just need like an evening to myself." She spat out her words quickly while she shifted her weight nervously. "Ethan?" She questioned when he didn't respond. 

"Are you kidding me Liv?" He started and she felt her face fell. "I spend all this money to come out here and surprise you and now you're telling me you don't even want to spend time with me?" He spoke raising his voice a little too much for a public space. 

"E, no I just mean -" She started trying to diffuse the situation but he cut her off.

"This is about him again isn't it?" He yelled and before she knew it, the phone which she was holding in her hand was now in his. "He's who you've been texting all this time isn't he? I was right!" He started and she felt the air leave her lungs. She was not expecting him to react like this. 

"No, Ethan give me my phone back!" She started trying to reach for it but he was taller and stronger than she was. Then he was in her space, way too close for her liking, making her uncomfortable. "E, stop it. What're you doing?" She said trying to keep her voice quiet as to not draw attention to their argument but it was too late.

"I think she told you to back the hell off!" She heard a voice call from behind her and she immediately turned her head. Behind her, stood the brown headed, curly haired boy who had barely spoken to her at all the past couple months.

A/N - Ooooo some drama. Hahaha anyways, hope you enjoy my mini cliffhanger and this chapter in general. As always please let me know what you think in the comments and please vote if you enjoy! Also another quick disclaimer, the way I've portrayed Ethan in my story is for the sake of the story itself and does not at all reflect on Ethan himself as a person. Reminder that this is all fictional!!! Thank you for reading!!!