Chapter 14

"I think she told you to back the hell off!" She heard a voice call from behind her and she immediately turned her head. Behind her, stood the brown headed, curly haired boy who had barely spoken to her at all the past couple months.

Olivia stood there for what felt like a solid minute frozen in her place, unable to fully comprehend what was happening.

"I don't think anyone was talking to you." Said Ethan taking a step towards Josh who was still walking up to her side. "Come on Liv, let's just go home we can talk this out in the car." He said turning back to face her, clearly still upset but handing her her phone. 

"Maybe you should just cool off a bit E, before we get in the car." She said a little nervously, she didn't really want to get in the car with him behind the wheel like this. She was doing her best to ignore Josh who was now standing beside her. 

"I don't need to cool off, I need you to get in the car Liv." He said clearly getting more frustrated with her as the seconds past.

"Don't." She heard Josh mutter beside her and she practically had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes at him. She wasn't stupid, she wasn't some damsel in distress and she didn't need him to rescue her.

"I'm just gonna call my mom and get a ride home from her. We can talk about this later Ethan." She said crossing her arms over her chest and stalking away, trying not to jump too much as she heard the car door slam behind her and zoom out of the parking lot. She heard Josh's footsteps not a minute later chasing behind her and she snapped.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" She yelled whipping around to face him, causing him to stop dead in his tracks. "That," she said gesturing to where they came from, "had nothing to do with you. That was none of your business and I don't need you fighting my battles for me!" She exclaimed before taking a deep breath. "I don't need you." She spat out venomously before turning around and pulling out her phone. He hadn't said a word. The world around her was silent except for the ringing of the phone in her ear.

"Hello?" Came her mom's voice over the line.

"Hey mom, I know it's late notice but any chance you could come get me from work?" She asked trying to not let her voice sway too much, she was still a little shaken up.

"Wasn't Ethan getting you today?" She questioned.

"Well ya but we kind-of got in a little argument and I didn't want to ride home with him." She spoke with a sigh at the end.

"I'm so sorry hun, I'm on the other side of town getting groceries right now. If I leave now, I could be there in about an hour?" She said apologetically. "Any chance someone could give you a lift home, just for today?" She asked.

"Ya don't worry mom, I'll find someone." Said Olivia nodding.

"Okay sorry about that baby. Be safe, text me your plans and let me know if you want me to come get you after-all. Love you sweetheart." Said her mom.

"Will do mom, love you too." She sighed as she hung up the phone and immediately went to the cast group chat to ask if anyone was still at set. After a couple people responded letting her know they'd already left and the rest didn't respond, she finally turned around again. Josh was there, still standing there but now with his phone in his hand. He turned it to face her and show her the open group chat text. 

"Need a ride?" He offered shrugging his shoulders a little bit. Olivia wanted the record to be set straight, under any other circumstances she never would've said yes but she didn't have much of a choice here. It was either accept his offer or sit alone in the cold parking lot for at least an hour while she waited for her mom, the latter of which wasn't much of an option anyways. She stayed silent for a bit, opening her mouth but no words coming out. He seemed to have picked up on her hesitation.

"Come on Olivia, I just want to make sure you get home safe. We don't even have to talk if you don't want to." He said meekly shaking his head. It was ironic, she thought to herself, all she wanted to do with him was talk. She wanted to talk about everything that went wrong and why, about how to fix it all and just never stop talking with him and yet, she found herself dead silent shaking her head yes. He turned around and gestured to the parking lot with his head and she followed him as they made their way to his car. She got in the passenger seat and closed the door on her side slamming it closed. 

"Same address as last year?" He questioned as he turned on the car and began pulling out of the parking lot. She let out a small, 

"Yup," in response while she pulled out her phone to let her mom know she found a ride and was on her way home. Josh didn't have to ask her for directions, he seemed to still know the way there off by heart. Before everything went down between them, he'd been them numerous times. Over for dinner with her and her mom, working on their song, stepping in after dropping her off after work or just hanging out. The way there was clearly familiar to him. 

"Music?" He asked and she gave him a small nod. He hit the radio on and the sounds of Elton John's Tiny Dancer  flooded the empty silence between them. 

A/N - Who's ready for an awkward car ride haha. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, as always please let me know what you think in the comments and vote if you liked it!!! Also Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate, hope you had a great day :)