Chapter 6

Olivia brushed her hair aside as she pulled the forest green cable knit sweater over her head. They were shooting all their Christmas promos today and therefore the costume department had chosen an assortment of reds and greens for all the main cast's clothing. She'd finished in hair and makeup around an hour ago and had to be on set soon to start filming. She had a couple promo's as Olivia to film and then she had to change into her Nini Christmas outfit and do some promotional pictures with Josh as Ricky followed by a couple with the full cast. She grabbed her phone and her water bottle and shut her trailer door behind her as she walked down to Stage 3 to start filming.

When she arrived, she saw Matt and Josh already there, hanging out between takes she assumed. She briefly debated going over there but with all the awkwardness she decided it's be better to just wait for Tim over by the stage door. A few short minutes later, the door opened and Tim walked through.

"Olivia, perfect! You ready to go?" He asked as he gestured her to follow him.

"Yup, more than ready, it's been almost a year since the last time we filmed anything and I need to get behind a camera." She said laughing and smiling as she complained overdramtigcally.

"Well lucky you, we're filming your promos on this set right here." He said laughing as he gestured to the Christmas backdrop behind the cameras. "Okay places everyone! Quiet on set!" He called out to the room as everyone's talking ceased. "Okay Liv, and action!"

"Make sure you catch the premiere of season two of High School Musical The Musical The Series airing on January 25th 2021, only on Disney plus! Happy Holidays!" She said with a bright smile on her face as she threw a handle of the fake snow that was in her hand, into the air and laughed.

"Cut!" Called Tim. "Great Job Olivia, we're gonna do some more takes just like that and then a couple different variations and then we'll move on to the promo photos. Sound good?" He asked her with a nod.

"Sounds great!" She nodded back.

-

After about another hour of shooting different variations of promo videos, she was headed back over to her trailer to change into the Nini costume that wardrobe had laid out for her. Filming had gone well but now came the real challenge, acting like a couple with Josh in front of an entire cast and crew while some photographers took their pictures. She never thought she'd have to worry about her chemistry with Josh, seeing how much she cared about him, it always just came natural to her. Now there was this strain on their relationship though, a strain that Josh was barely even aware of but for her, it was all she could focus on. Every time she thought about acting with Josh, being Ricky and Nini, all she could hear was the girl from the FaceTime call giggling in her head.

Olivia shook off those thoughts for the time being as she stepped out the trailer in her new costume and made her way over to hair and makeup for touch-ups. They curled her hair, did some natural makeup and then sent her on her way. She was back at Stage 3 within the hour and it was almost time to start. She swung open the door and walked to her cast chair to sit and wait till she was called upon.

"Hey girly," a friendly voice pulled her eyes from phone.

"Dara! Oh my god I've barely seen you today, I've missed you so much!" She squealed pulling her close friend into a tight hug.

"Same Liv! How have your shoots been?" She asked pulling away and settling into the chair next to her.

"I had the holiday promos earlier this morning and they went great, I've just really missed this." She said smiling. "How about you?" She questioned.

"I did my promos with Jules and Matt and I've missed them so much, so we sure had our fair share of fun shooting." She said laughing at the last part and had Olivia joining in. "You and Josh have your photos now right?" Dara questioned smiling and Liv felt her heart do that fluttering thing again.

"Ha um ya, ya we do." She spit out somewhat awkwardly which had Dara furrowing her brow in question.

"Everything okay with you guys?" She asked lowering her voice a little and Olivia let her smile falter for a second. "Liv?" She asked again placing a tentative hand on her shoulder.

"Um, ya we're fine." She responded not really doing too much to sound convincing. Dara frowned at her in a way that reminded her of her mother.

"If you wanna talk about it I'm here for you, you know that right?" She said rubbing her arm up and down on Liv's shoulder in a supportive manner. Olivia shot her a strained smile and nodded at her friend.

"I know and I love you to death for that but it's just something I can't really talk about, at least not yet." She spoke softly.

"Okay babe but do I need to break that boy's nose because you know I will if he hurt you." Dara said dead serious and Olivia broke out into a smile.

"Haha no Dar, but I love you all the more for asking." She said pulling her friend into another tight hug.

"Olivia and Josh!" Tim called out and the two girls broke apart. "You're up!" She stood up from her seat and made her way to the set.  They were doing the Nini and Ricky photos in Nini's living room set with a Christmas tree and everything set up behind them. She turned her head back and saw Josh a couple paces behind her jogging and making his way over. "Ok Olivia, I want you on the floor by the tree and Josh on the floor by the couch with the guitar please."

"Gotcha!" Josh's voice called our behind her and she nodded.

"Oh ya and Josh, can we have you singing for the photos? Any songs you want it's up to you we just want some action shots!" Called Tim from behind the two of them who were now sitting on the set floor. Josh picked up his guitar and starting playing, it was a familiar tune. Then he opened his mouth to start singing.

You say you gotta think it over
I can't stop thinkin' of you...

The song, the video, the girl. She felt that all too familiar sinking feeling return to her heart once more.

A/N - Let me know what you guys think of this chapter! Ly all please vote and comment :) Also incase you didn't know those song lyrics are the beginning to Anyone Else by Joshua Bassett, the song that people think Sabrina was in the video for idk