The Past

Techno froze as Tommy fell into his arms. He wasn't used to human contact, or interaction with other humans in general and he had no idea what to do in a situation like this. He was even surprised at himself with his actions, surprised that he himself wasn't afraid to be near someone. He held Tommy tightly and took a deep breath, eyes closed for a few seconds before he relaxed his grip slightly.

He looked back towards Phil and Wilbur. Phil had his head in his hands and was deathly silent. Wilbur had a panicked look in his eyes, Techno could tell that he didn't want to be a part of the aftermath in this situation. He sighed and gestured towards Wilbur, indicating that he should follow as he carried Tommy upstairs.

Techno carefully held on to Tommy all the way upstairs, his footsteps completely silent whilst Wilbur's thudded not so quietly behind him. Techno rolled his eyes at his brothers behaviour, typical. No consideration for the sleeping teens whatsoever.

As they reached the end of the hall, Wilbur opened the door to the twins room for Techno, who walked into the room and stood in the middle. Debating with himself for a minute or two before eventually deciding to place Tommy on Tubbo's bed instead of his own. He guessed they would both prefer waking up with some sense of familiarity to their surroundings.

Techno threw a blanket over the top of the twins, double checking that they were both okay before he turned around and walked out of the room and into the hallway. Coming face to face with his younger brother, Techno quietly shut the twins' bedroom door before sighing heavily.

"I know you don't want to deal with dad right now. So stay in your room, keep the door open and listen out for the twins, they've had a rough day. I'll deal with Dad." Techno said, his voice a hushed whisper. Wilbur nodded in response as Techno put his arms around the younger.

"Thanks Will, I know things have been rough recently. I'm glad you're here, I know I've been a bit snappy and I'm sorry for that. You know how it is though"

"No problem Tech, you know you can tell me anything right? You don't have to keep everything to yourself. I know I'm an arsehole but I do care about you Tech."Wilbur said, hugging him back.

"I know"

Techno smiled sincerely and let go of his brother, walking downstairs as he left Wilbur in the hallway.

Wilbur stood there for a minute or so more, staring at the stairs with the slightest smile on his face. Moments like that didn't happen often, or at all really. Techno wasn't a very affectionate person and he preferred to keep to himself. He was used to being alone and so it just stuck with him. So, Wilbur turned around to go into his room, leaving his door open and keeping an ear out for the twins, just as Techno asked. He was thankful that he had Techno for an older brother, more than he cared to admit.

Techno silently headed downstairs, pausing at the closed door that opened into the lounge to take a deep inhale. He opened the door quietly and stepped inside, making sure the door closed just as quietly behind him.

He glanced around the lounge, the dim light being easy to adjust to for someone so used to sitting in darkness. He noticed a silhouetted figure speedily pacing the length of the deathly silent room, footsteps as quiet as they could be.

"Dad?" Techno's monotone voice was cautious and low as he analysed the situation and the best way for him to never leave his room or have to speak to people again after this.

Phil stopped pacing and stood still in the middle of the lounge, one hand massaging his temple, which was no doubt aching with a painful headache after everything that happened today. After a few moments of stiff silence, Phil spoke out, his voice awfully quiet and difficult to hear even in the soundless room.