Family dinner?

As they walked downstairs the boys could hear the faint laughing and chatter that was coming from the lounge area. Tubbo pulled on Tommy's arm and gave him a worried look, receiving a smile of reassurance from the older brother, Tubbo hid behind Tommy as he opened the door.

The door opened quietly, and so none of the people inside the room noticed the boys stood in the doorway. The tv was on, but it was muted, showing some baking show with no sound. Two strange teenagers were sat on the large sofa, laughing with each other and seemingly having fun. The twins observed as one of the strangers threw a cushion at the other in what seemed to be a playful and friendly way. Sounds could be heard coming from the kitchen, so Tommy guessed that Phil must be in there.

Just as he thought that, the kitchen door opened and Tommy made eye contact with Phil. "Hi boys! You hungry?" He asked, noticing Tubbo stood behind Tommy and giving him a slight smile.

The laughing silenced immediately as both of the strangers on the sofa turned around to face the newcomers, smiles still on both of their faces.

"Oh right! Wil, Techno, this is Tommy and Tubbo, the boys that I told you about" Phil said, interrupting the slightly awkward silence. The boy with the curly brown hair and maroon coloured beanie hopped off the couch and strolled over to the boys, a polite smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Wilbur, and that asshole over there is Techno, he doesn't speak much" Wilbur ducked as a cushion was thrown at his head from Techno, who was muttering insults towards will quietly.

Getting up, Techno sensibly walked around the couch to greet the two boys, "I'm Techno as you already know, and please just ignore this idiot, he's an annoying prick" Techno shoved Wilbur slightly, both of them still having joking smiles on their faces.

"Right, uhh okay. Well I'm Tommy, I'm the oldest and this is my younger brother Tubbo." Tommy said, not wanting another painfully awkward silence.

"Hey! You're only the oldest by like, one minute!" Tubbo protested, he wasn't a baby!

"Still counts though!" Tommy laughed, grinning at Tubbo playfully. Tubbo just grumbled in annoyance before looking back towards Phil.

"What're we having for dinner Phil?" Tubbo asked, feeling his stomach starting to get hungry.

"We're just having spaghetti tonight boys, if that's okay?"

"Yeah that's fine! Thankyou!" Tubbo smiled.

"It'll be ready in a few minutes, so you two can go and sit at the dining table. Techno, Will, stop fighting and set the table please" Phil said as he turned around to go back into the kitchen.

"Okay dad!" Wilbur shouted before dragging Techno with him to the table in another room, Techno muttering angrily under his breath.

Tubbo and Tommy glanced at each other and shrugged, they should probably follow the older teens. As Tommy started in the direction that the older boys went, he stopped and glanced back at Tubbo, who had tugged on the back of his shirt.

"Hey, you okay Big T?" Tommy said, putting his arms around the shorter boy for a second.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Just don't like seeing so many strangers at once" Tubbo always had a fear of crowds of strangers and new people, he never felt comfortable and always stuck close to Tommy.

"Alright, you know I'm here for you, right?"

"Always, I know" Tubbo smiled with a newfound confidence "and I'm here for you too Tom-Tom"

The boys smiled at each other. Tommy ruffling Tubbo's hair as Tubbo tried to whack the taller boy's hand away. Tommy giggling as he watched his brother cheer up. They both headed towards the dining room, where the table was set with a glass of water in each place and Wilbur was sat on one of the chairs, scrolling through his phone and nodding his head up and down.

He had wireless headphones covering his ears, and was singing some song lyrics under his breath. He wore a mustard-yellow sweater with black ripped jeans, and he didn't notice the two boys as they walked in.

Tommy sat across from Wilbur, Tubbo sitting next to his brother. Both of them whispering quietly to one another before Techno walked in from the kitchen, two plates in either of his hands. His long pink hair was tied up in one lengthy braid. He wore a white collard shirt and black pants, multiple piercings in both of his slightly pointed ears.

"Hey, nerd. You could've been more help ya know!?" He said, glaring at Wilbur as he set the plates of food in front of the twins.

"Does this pretty face look like it was meant for work, Techno?" Will smirked, removing his headphones so they hung around his neck and readjusting his beanie.

"You're getting your own plate" Techno growled, before walking back into the kitchen.

Tommy and Tubbo looked at Wilbur as the conversation finished. Wilbur winked "Nah, I don't think I will" he said, a cocky smile displayed across his face once more. Causing Tubbo to giggle at his antics, and Tommy responded with a roll of his eyes and a soft smile.

Seconds later, Techno walked back in the room with one more plate and set it down next to Wilbur, before sitting down in his seat and drinking some of his water. Phil walked in directly behind him with his own plate, sitting at the head of the table.

"Go get your own plate Will". He said, Techno smirking as his dad told Will to stop being lazy.

"But dad!" Wilbur whined, a fake pout on his face.

"Nope, go get your own plate or you're not eating Will, you're 16, stop being such a lazy fucker." Phil grinned mischievously, sharing a smile with Techno.

"Fineeee." Will grumbled as he got up and left the room, sticking his tongue out at Techno as the older brother laughed in response.

"Don't mind him" Techno said to the twins, "he just thinks he's too much of a princess for him to be forced to do anything" This caused the twins to erupt into a fit of giggles, Tommy clinging onto Tubbo as he nearly fell off his chair. Phil and Techno laughing along with them, Techno proud of the fact that he made them laugh.

Wilbur walked back into the room in a fake sulk, trying not to laugh or smile. "What are you laughing about now". His fake sulk almost breaking as he spoke.

"Oh nothing, don't worry yourself princess" Techno laughed. Causing the whole room to burst into a loud laughter once more, Tubbo falling off his chair because he was laughing so hard as Wilbur protested the fact that he wasn't a princess.

"Alright boys, calm down now, c'mon, your food's getting cold" Phil said with a chuckle, watching Tubbo as he tried to regain some sense of composure.

"Alright dad, sorry" Techno and Will both said, wide grins splitting their faces. Will sat down and joined the others at the table as they all began to dig into their food. The twins couldn't keep the smiles off their faces during dinner. The family talked and talked about a lot of different topics, hobbies, dream jobs, etc.

The twins discovered that Wilbur created music, and worked part time at the supermarket in town, obviously he was still in school too. The same school that Tommy and Tubbo would be going to as soon as they were comfortable enough. Techno was in his first year of college, he was 17 and was majoring in English. He didn't know what he wanted to do when he grew up and one of his favourite hobbies was playing video games.

Soon enough, the plates were clear of food and the family took their dishes in the kitchen and placed them in the sink to be washed later, before they all migrated towards the lounge to watch some television and talk to each other more.

Phil sat at the edge of the sofa by the armrest, Techno sat beside him, watching the shitty comedy that they had put on tv with curiosity. Wilbur grabbed a cushion and chose to lay down on his back on the floor, his headphones once again over his ears as he closed his eyes and mumbled a song to himself.

They were like that for the rest of the night, laughing at shitty tv shows, joking around with each other and overall just having fun. Soon enough, Tubbo fell asleep curled up into his brother's side. Tommy was glad that today happened, he finally felt safe, and he knew Tubbo did too, and so, he closed his eyes and fell asleep next to Tubbo, holding his brother close protectively in his peaceful sleep. The last thought Tommy had was of safety, a safety that he hadn't felt in a long time, and he was happy that he could be safe with Tubbo. As long as he was with his Tubbo, Tommy always felt happy.