Chapter 10: Bitter Sweet

ARANYA

The next day feels a bit different. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero may nasisense talaga akong kakaiba.

Why though? I mean, everything looks usual but why does it feels like it changed?

The students of Mendel are just doing fine. As always, they prefer talking to pretty much everyone they know since its still too early for class. I myself is sitting on the same spot of the balustrade of our corridor watching people.

I wandered my eyes everywhere as always to look at how's everyone doing but my attention got focus on Tory who just passed by and did not even turn her back to see me.

Usually, she always come to me and then pull me back to the classroom even after we had a fight before that day. But now, she seems a bit different.

Mukhang hanggang ngayon ay galit pa rin ito sa akin. Why? Is it because of Seth? Why the hell would she be mad at me because of some stupid guy?
Just ignore it. Your life will be even more peaceful.

I guess its true. She's been a pain to me even I consider her as a friend. I mean, a good friend should be a good influence. I guess I can't influence her so I better stay away.

Maybe this is why I feel a bit different. Dahil marami nang nagbago simula nang dumating ang mga estudyante mula sa Harman University.

You mean Seth.

Looks like my brain is starting to argue with me again. But I can't deny that I'm really thinking of a specific person only. But I can't deny the fact that even the other Harman students caused a big change here too.

That's it! That is why I feel a bit different today! Its because of them. Harman students are also on the corridor but they pretty much talk to their classmates/schoolmates only. But their eyes are not just looking at the ones they talk to.

They're also looking at me.

Ngayon ko lang napagtantong palipat-lipat ang tingin nila sa akin at sa kausap nila. Looks like they're talking about me to each other. I kinda felt uncomfortable.

Why are they like that? Is it about what happened yesterday? Alam ba nila ang tungkol sa nangyari sa park kahapon?

I don't know. But I'm pretty sure that I'm the hot topic of them today. Ganoon siguro ka-big deal sa kanila si Seth. Well, his their president after all.

"I see you're observing a lot."

Agad akong napalingon nang biglang may magsalita mula sa likod ko. It was Seth standing behind me holding a basket full of different kinds of fruit covered with a red-colored plastic wrap. Wait what?

"Sinong bibisitahin mo sa ospital?" Tanong ko bago itinuro ang bitbit niyang basket.

He immediately shake his head in disagreement before answering, "This is for you. This is what you're going to eat later at recess. Dapat maubos mo itong lahat."

Biglang nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sobrang pagkabigla at pabalik-balik na tumingin sa kanya at sa basket.

"Are you freaking serious?" I almost yelled at him out of state of shock as I try to look at the number of fruits inside it.

Sa tingin niya ba ay mauubos ko ang isang basket ng prutas? Mukha ba akong baboy para isipin niyang kaya ko iyon ubusin?

"Does it look like I'm joking?" He seriously asked while looking at me dubiously.

So he's really serious!

"What makes you think I can eat all of that? Mukha ba akong baboy? Patay gutom?"