WildMoon Part 2

"She is of the strangest beauty and the darkest courage. And when she walks with intent the earth trembles beneath her feet." -Nicole Lyons

Sanem

"Not here," he said before I could continue. Osman eyed me balefully when we met back with him but his look changed to one of concern when he saw our expressions. The moment we climbed into the truck, I blurted out the terrible truth.

"She's in this big dark place. Like an abandoned warehouse. Polen doesn't know the specifics but I saw this place before. In Yigit's mind.

Can cursed the air blue. "Is she alive?" Osman asked.

"I don't know," I said, feeling nauseous. "How will we find her?"

"Can you send me an image of what you saw?" Can asked as he drove away.

I wanted to remind him how unreliable that was but a scant second after I brought up the image in my mind he said, "Got it. I have an idea of the general area. Osman can track her."

"By scent?"

"I'm the Pack's best Tracker," Osman said. He wasn't boasting, just stating a fact. When he saw my puzzled look he elaborated and told me that a Tracker was a wolf with a more sensitive nose than most. Since a wolf's sense of smell was already off the charts, I couldn't imagine what his sense of smell must be like.

"Did you track me to the hut?"

"Nah. In that case, there's no one that can track better than a mate."

"What about Polen? Why didn't you track her?"

His face hardened. "I tried. But Polen has charmed her scent to make it undetectable. No doubt that witch Aylin had something to do with it."

We arrived back at the palace and immediately began preparing for a rescue mission. My role was not questioned by Can and I didn't even have to use the argument I had prepared. I changed quickly into what I had begun to think of as my battle gear. Guliz had been happily replenishing my wardrobe with a lot of combat style clothes that were surprisingly comfortable. I changed into another set of black fitted pants, a black long-sleeved fitted shirt and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I raced back downstairs and found everyone assembled at the base of the stairs with Petunia pacing restlessly by the door.

Can's eyes warmed up when they landed on me. He took my hand and kissed my palm fervently. I felt the tip of his tongue trace my palm before he lifted his head and explained to the others in more detail about Gamze.

"How?" Metin asked and I knew he was referring to how I'd found out the information. I took a deep breath and glanced at Can.

It's up to you, his voice resonated stronger than ever in my mind.

I nodded and explained to Metin and Akif about my power. Akif gave a low whistle and Metin shot me a concerned look. Can leaned over and kissed my temple and they both seemed to relax after that. If their Alpha trusted me then they would too.

"There's more," I said. "Polen didn't work alone when she had me kidnapped. There was a man there too. She isn't speaking to him at the moment but...He's a wolf."

I was suddenly surrounded by glowing wolf eyes.

"Who is it?" Can asked.

"I don't know. He seemed to be disguised in her memories," I said. Something familiar tugged at my own memories but I couldn't pin it down.

"Also, does Pandora's Box mean anything to you?"

Everyone went motionless.

"Fabri is close to finding it. Polen wasn't sure whether he had it or not but she wants to get her hands on the action."