wild flower

"And she will be the light your darkness has longed for." J. Colombrita

Sanem

"You came for your stone," I said. He lightly dragged his lips down my neck and I bit back a moan.

"What if I came for you? What if I took you with me?" He whispered fervently into my skin.

My eyes blinked open in shock but before I could answer him he growled into my ear, "You were told to stay home."

"I never do what I'm told," I said breathlessly. His lips roamed freely down my neck.

I heard Ayhan's raised voice calling my name. His head came up sharply, "Who is that?"

"That's my friend. I have to go," I said regretfully and pulled away from him. His arms tightened for one tense moment and then he gradually let go. I turned around to face him and was again struck dumb by his beauty. He was dressed all in black again but his hair was pulled back into a bun. I couldn't do anything but stand there and stare like a lovestruck idiot. He smiled a little as if he knew what I was thinking. Did he? Maybe he did. I remembered that bizarre sort of intuition I'd had the first time we met. But what if it was all on my side? I wanted to ask him about it. But if I mentioned it and he got the familiar pitying look I got from other people...I wouldn't be able to bear it. Not from him. His hand came up to touch my hair. He rubbed the strands between his fingertips. He was standing so close our noses were almost touching. He seemed to have no concept of personal space.

"What's upsetting you?" He asked me.

How does he know? Am I that transparent? I avoided the question.

"I don't have your stone with me. Maybe if you come to the store tomorrow?" I finally managed to say. I could hardly think past all these unfamiliar feelings he evoked

"Sanem!" I turned to see Ayhan rushing towards me.

"Who was that?" she asked when she reached me sounding out of breath. I turned and realized with a heavy heart that Can was gone. I was oddly reluctant to tell her about him and tried to keep the disappointment out of my voice. "Oh, just this man who mistook me for his girlfriend.Probably the only way I can get a man to touch me," I laughed and it sounded unnaturally loud to my ears. She studied my face with a serious expression. I had the feeling that she knew I was lying but she let it go. "Let's go home," she said after a moment.

When I got home, I avoided everyone and I went directly to my room. My heart was still beating out of my chest and my breath was coming in short gasps. I closed the door, flipped the light switch and a scream caught in my throat. A hand quickly clamped over my mouth.

"Shhh, if you want me to go, I'll go," he whispered. I glanced at the blank expression on his face. A careful one that implied he didn't care either way. I got another one of those unusual intuitions.

He's nervous.

He removed his hand slowly. I remained plastered with my back to the door.

"Don't go, " I said quickly when he moved.

He stared at me for one heated moment and I felt his gaze lick at my skin like flames. He half-turned suddenly and began to prowl the small confines of my bedroom. My room, small at the best of times, seemed no larger than a shoebox with him in it. He unashamedly snooped through all the things on my cluttered desk. "What's all this?" He gestured to flowers and vials on my desk. I liked to make my scents and told him so. He lifted a vial to his nose and inhaled, his eyes flashed that bright golden brown for a bewildering second. He set it down and continued inspecting every item and lifting every picture frame to peer closer.