mistletoe kiss

《 picture off Tumblr 》

- Pearl's pov -

It was Christmas and everyone was talking to everyone. Garnet instead on buying a Mistletoe the day before Christmas and putting up on Christmas day Amethyst and Steven backed cookies and are currently eating them all.

Greg had brought Steven some presents as well as me and the others. I told him it wasn't necessary but he instead. "Pearl" I looked at the human who had said my name and it was Greg " did you need something" Me and Greg had been terms now for a while, but he was standing in my way, literally I couldn't see Steven anymore.

Not that I would be watching Steven the entire time that would be weird. "Yea Actually..." I was growing impatient I wanted to see Steven. "So I was with Amethyst yesterday Afternoon....and she told me that you had a crush on Steven?" Greg made sure to whisper so that no one heard, but it felt like he was yelling the news to everyone. "And I wanted to know if that was true"

I looked off to the side, I was to embarrassed to even look at Greg. I slowly Nodded my head "Oh boy.....uhhh how long?" I wasn't expecting that question at all, I was expecting him to yell at me or take Steven away from us. Though I'm not Complaining.

I looked back at Greg and noticed that Amethyst and Steven were running around the house with plastic swords, The sight was adorable I haven't seen him this happy since he got the diamonds to heal the corrupted gems "hello earth to pearl?" Greg had brought me back to our pervasive conversation," I'm sorry, what was your question?" Greg repeated the question once more. "How long....I can't actually say...I don't know when I fell for him" it felt strange to admit this and to Steven's father out of everyone in the whole universe.

Greg nodded his head "Understandable some people don't remember that-" But Greg was cut off by Garnet. "Greg, Pearl come here." We walked over to Garnet, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Steven and Amethyst watching us closely, but tried to ignore it.

"Y-yes Garnet?" I asked worriedly. did she hear our conversation? Was she going to keep me away from Steven forever? I couldn't let that happen, He's my baby! "I know that you like Steven" Garnet whispered quietly so that Steven and Amethyst Couldn't hear us.

"A-are you mad?" I asked quietly, Garnet shook her head "No I'm not mad, I knew for a while " I knew that garnet had future vision but I was still shocked. "If you were just going to talk to pearl why am I here?" I was confused about that to...

"I wanted to know how you feel about this" Garnet whispered, Greg looked surprised by the news but answered anyways "I not sure how to feel...but if Steven feels the same way, I guess I'll support you guys" Garnet Smiled and I started Playing with the bottom of my jacket.

"Thank you Greg" Greg smiled and Garnet put a hand on my shoulder "go get him" I walked over to Steven and Amethyst "hey P, what's up" Amethyst said with a small smile on her face.

"I need to talk to Steven..." Amethyst looked at Steven, And Steven smiled, "Alone....." Amethyst got up and walked over to Garnet and Greg who were still talking, "What did you want to talk about?" Steven asked, The Smile never left his face.

"Can we talk about this by the door?" I didn't want Amethyst to hear a thing. "okay..." we walked to the door and just looked at each other "so um...I....How am I supposed to do this....." Steven looked at me confused "Steven I'm in love with you." Steven's face was as red as a tomato.

"Oh...T-thanks for telling me...?" I looked down at my feet, "Stars this is embarrassing" why was I so Stupid? Of course he wouldn't feel the same "Pearl..." I looked at Steven but he wasn't looking at me and he was pointing at the sealing. I looked up at the sealing.....WHY DID SHE PUT THE MISTLETOE UP THERE!?!?!

"YOU GUYS ARE UNDER THE MISTLETOE! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!" Amethyst laughed loudly. I looked at Steven and Steven looked at me. We chuckled nervously "well, we should just...get it over with" We gave each other a quick kiss and walked away....My face was most likely as blue as the sky.

Steven went into his newly remodeled room and I opened my room and went into it.

!Time skip by : ❄🎄🎁🛷!

[STEVEN'S POV]

Why did I say that...? 'Thanks for telling me!?' She must thinks that I don't like her, or that I didn't understand....I should go  Apologize... "hey Stew-ball can I talk to you for a second?" I nodded my head. Dad sat down on my bed next to me "So.....do You have a thing for pearl?" I Froze 'why is he asking me this question' "Y-yes...." His eyes widened slightly but went back to normal almost  immediately.

"Then what happened today? When she told you she loved you.." I didn't know That he knew. "I wasn't expecting her to confesses to that...and I was surprised...I didn't know how to respond, so I went with something easy" My face was bright red. "Why don't you tell her right now?" I looked at him confused "why not tell her that you feel the same?" Dad asked smiling "how? I don't know where to start" dad laughed a little "I didn't know where to start either, but if you don't do it you'll regret it later"   I looked at the floor  and thought for a while.

"Your right dad! I won't chicken out, If she can tell me how she feels I can do the same!" I hopped out of my bed and ran down the stairs. Pearl was cleaning up the rest of the decorations. "Pearl!" Pearl jumped slightly at the mention of her name. "Yes...?" Pearl turned around and looked me straight in the eye.l

"Pearl, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. You told me your honest feelings and I didn't respond how I would have liked, so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But it's my turn to share my honest feelings with you...." pearl looked Shocked, confused, and worried by what I was saying but she didn't say anything. I walked over to her I was about to her shoulder since I had my growth spurt.

"Pearl, I'm in love with you to" Pearl face went a Cyan blue, she didn't say anything and she didn't need to. Tears rolled down her face, I wiped her tears away but they never stopped flowing I gave her kiss a on the cheek. I hugged her as she continued to cry, slowly wrapping her arms around me.

"Steven....thank you" I hugged pearl tighter but not too tight, pearl did the  same. " pearl can I kiss you....?" Pearl didn't respond but she had stopped hugging me and started wiping her eyes. Then without warning she kissed me on the mouth.

Her eyes were closed, I slowly closed my eyes and kissed her back. We stayed like that for 15 seconds, I smiled and she smiled back "Now steven you have to go to bed " pearl commended "Aw, okay" I went upstairs and laid down on my bed apparently dad had left at some point. I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

***************************

Me: well this is a late Christmas chapter..... hope you enjoyed
🍇