chapter 5

Connor's pov

Age 10

It all seems so far and so near at the same time. The day Ashley and I met,
Up until now so many beautiful memories. She's my best person in the world and I certainly wouldn't trade our friendship for anything. I'm so happy it's Friday and almost time for recess. I get to see Ashley during recess and also we have the whole weekend to hang out. What more could I ask for.
Why do I feel like someone is calling my name.
Wait, someone really is calling my name.

"Earth to connor". My Teacher said snapping her fingers at my face.
"Yes Ma".
I said shaking off my thoughts and looking up at my teacher, I wonder how long she had been standing there.

"Now that we have your attention can you please answer the question". My teacher said walking back to the front of the class.
"What question?" I asked timidly which lead to muffled laughters around the class.
"The question Mr Connor is who developed the theory of evolution".
"Ummm" I said standing up.
The bell rang.
Thank you lord saved by the bell.
Students began carrying their backpacks and leaving the class.
I carried mine too as i was about to leave the class.
"Not so fast Connor". my teacher called out.
"Yes Miss" I answered as i turned slowly.
She waved her hand towards me signaling me to come.
"I'll let today slide I know you're a smart kid" she said.
" Thank you Miss kate" I replied
"You may go".
"Thank you".

When I got to Ash and I's spot she was already there.
"What took you so long" she said pouting her lips a little.
I dropped my backpack on the the bench before sitting at the same replying to Ash's question.
"Well Miss Kate caught me zoning out during classes so she held me back to give me a warning".
"Which was like 5 minutes delay and not that long" I added.
She stuck out her tongue at me.
"Someone's tongue is gonna fall off soon". I said bringing out my lunch.
"Shutup" she said giving me light push.
"By the way my mom packed vegetables for lunch today, what did your mom pack".

"I have a burger let's swap" I said bringing out the burger and handing it to her taking her plate of veggies from her.

"You're the best connor" she said giving me a light peck which made my cheeks go red.

"Ash..." I said faking a growl.

"Love you too, let's finish our lunch before recess is over". She said as she dug into the burger.
I started eating the veggies too I don't really like veggies but it's Ash so I don't mind.

"I was thinking what if my mom drives us to the cinema tomorrow to watch a movie and after that we can hang at house or yours".She said while eating her burger.

"Sure and please don't talk while eating" I said to her which I received a glare in return.
I just gave her a fake smile and continued eating.

Ashely's pov
When i got home, My mom had already prepared some snacks for me, As always.
Dad wasn't coming home until next weekend which we were all excited about. I had a shower before coming down to the kitchen to have my snacks.
"How was school baby". My mom asked.

"School was good thanks for asking Mom".
I replied.

"Mom Connor and I are going to see a movie tomorrow can you take us" I asked while eating my cookie.

"We'll talk about that after you're done with your homeworks". She answered.

"Mom". I said making a puppy dog face at her.

"Ashley". She said while stirring the food.

"Fine I'll do all my homeworks, I'll even finish all before tomorrow " I said finishing up my cookies and drinking my milk before putting my plate in the sink.

"That's the spirit". My mom said smiling.

I went up to my room to begin my home work.

Connor is my best person ever and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.
No one else would swap their lunch with me.

I hate homeworks

Author's note.
Hi everyone reading, three years ago I started this book, I was going to finish it in a month but then stuff happened and I couldn't even write anymore.
Making up stories doesn't come easily to me as it did before.
You should see my drafts I have so many books I was writing now staring at them my head is blank.
I want to abandon this book because I'd be lying if i said I knew what to write but since I reinstalled my wattpad I'm always getting notifications about this book and I feel like I owe it to you all to try and finish no matter how crappy it might be.
So at-least this story will come to an end.
Thank you if you've ever read this book.
Xo
Me💋