chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to @dreamwriter0124
Thank you so much for your vote encouragement and the amazing cover.

It was Saturday my favourite day of the week. My dad was finally back from his business trip our family would be a complete fairy tale once again. I was at the backyard riding my swing my dad had mounted for me recently well it was more of a bribe so I wouldn't keep be mad at him well I totally accepted the bribe who wouldn't. I was still on the swing when a football flew over our locker fence and into our Yard it landed close to me I wasn't going to fast on the swing so I was able to climb down and pick up the ball maybe it belonged to our new neighbours nextdoor.
As I bent to pick up the ball, I heard someone say "wait, that's mine could you throw it over here for me ". I looked around trying to find where the voice was coming from then I found it, the voice was coming from over the picket fence. I picked up the ball and walked towards the picket fence it wasn't to talk but it was taller than me. There was so kind of rock or box that was on the fence I never really found out what it was. I climbed it and looked over I saw a boy maybe my age I guess he was the son our new neighbours were talking about he had dirty blonde hair just like my charming.
His long hair covered his face and he looked down I don't know what gave me the courage to talk to him. "Hey". He looked up I saw his face he was my Prince
Charming. I didn't even know what to say I, totally forgot why I was standing there all I could think of was to run, and I dropped his ball I didn't return it, it fell of my hands and I ran inside the house and shut the door behind me. I went to my mom who was sitting on the couch in the living room. "Mommy" was all I could say with an unexplainable look on my face. It was like I saw a ghost "What's wrong my mom" she looked so scared thinking maybe i hurt myself or something got spoilt. "Are you okay honey"she asked running her hand through my hair and giving me a hug. I still couldn't say a word. "You know you can always talk to me"she said. I have her a nod and was about to say something when the doorbell rang. "Hold on"my mom said standing up and walking towards the door and me trailing beside her. I hid behind her when she answered the door it was just as I thought it was Mrs Ellen at the door with someone behind her back it was her son.
My Prince charming.
"Good day Mrs ellen".i said and my mom greeted too."Hello"she replied."Is there anything we can help you with"my mom asked."No, not really. Well this is my son connor".she said. Oh that's his name Connor so dreamy. She continued "He was playing at the backyarrd and kicked his ball too far and it came into your yard,so I came to get it for him and apologize for his attitude". My mom laughed "oh no worries that's why they are kids". "Ashley go get the ball for him". I left to go get the ball while my mom Mrs Ellen talked.
When I arrived at the backyard I went and picked up the ball right where I left it and went back to the door handing the ball over to my mom. When she took the ball she ruffled his hair and said with a smile "here you go little one". He accepted the ball with a thank you and small smile.
His charming voice again.
After that they left as soon as my mom shut the door. I began to jump smiling."mommy mommy".
Then I reasoned with my wonderful sense seven year old sense if I tell my mom about Connor she's gonna tell his mom and they are gonna make it so... you know what I mean when your parents invade your love life. It's usually drastic. Then my mom turned "Yes hun". "Oh never mind"i said and left her in the living room.

******
"Morning daddy", I was so happy to see my dad he hardly came home due to the status of his work which made him travel all the time and whenever he came home he only spent few days at home. And today well Sunday was one of those few days. "Pumpkin"he said lifting me above his shoulders. Daddy loves me I know it.
After running round the living on dad's shoulders screaming on the top of our voices we finally got worn out and fell together on a couch. "Breakfast's ready"My mom called from the kitchen.
My mom made me feel embarrassed in front of my dad by telling him all about my Prince charming aka connor.
I thought dad would be happy for me but he looked sort of angry. I couldn't tell why.

*****
The bell rang for lunch all the kids went out to the playground. I went too with my lunch bag. It was Monday boring one i felt kind of sad because dad had left for work again. I enjoyed having him around it was always so fun whenever he was around. It was like a jackpot for me when mom and dad read me bed time stories. If it was a scary one dad usually acted them out for me and it made me laugh all though scary stories are meant to freak you out. Plus double kisses for me. I just can't wait for dad to come home again. I went to a corner and sat watching other kids play as I ate my sandwich. I felt someone sir beside me I turned and saw a familiar face charming to be precise. "Hey can I sit here"he said.
"Umm you already are"I replied with a smile. "Okay I guess I am" he said to me.
Then I felt some kind of push In me to introduce my self to him. "I'm Ashley".
"Connor".
And that's how it really started.

Author's note
Hey hey.
Thanks for reading this chap
Vote comment and share.
I need some encouragement to know you guys reading actually like my book.
It will make me feel much better and also encourage me to update faster.
I'm gonna dedicate the next chap to the first to comment and vote.
Any ideas too comment below
~sparkles💋