~Chapter 25~

ib: OurBocaPrincess from he calls me moonlight

tw ⚠️

"There you are," said the person I never wanted to see again.

"P-Pete? What are you doing here?" I asked, feeling nervous of what would happen next.

"Look, Ariana, can we talk, just the two of us?"

What does he even want? He left me at my worst, now he came back when I finally found someone.

"Just leave," Dalton said, grabbing him.

"Baby, it's okay," I said, "I'll be alright."

"Are you sure baby?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah, don't worry."

"Okay, I'll just be in the kitchen to get some water," he said before leaving me alone with Pete.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Ariana, please, I should've been the one marrying you and having kids with you, not him."

"But I don't understand," I said, "you were the one leaving me when I was at my worst, now you're back here when I finally found someone who makes me happy."

"Please Ariana, I didn't know what I was doing back then. I was just being stupid," he begged. At this point, he was grabbing my wrist. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Pete, I'm now happy with Dalton. In a few months, we'll get married and welcome our first child. There's no way I'm leaving Dalton, 'cause we love each other so much," I said, placing my hand on my stomach as I felt my baby moving.

"Well, you left me with no more choice, because none of them are happening," he said angrily. Shit, what was he going to do? I was getting scared. I tried to move away, but he managed to grab my arms. He was being really harsh to the point where my arms started hurting. I squirmed around in his grip, but he pinned me to the wall and gave me a really hard kick on my stomach. Pain shot across my body, making me fall down and cry out in pain. I clutched onto my stomach as I curled on the cold floor, feeling the unbearable pain getting even worse.

"Baby, are you okay?" I heard Dalton's voice as he came rushing in. He immediately realized what happened.

"You son of a bitch!" Dalton spat angrily, swinging his fist at Pete. Dalton grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him onto the wall. They got into a fist fight right in front of me. I was completely terrified. I tried to stand up to stop the fight, because I didn't want Dalton to get hurt, but my attempt to stand up failed because of the amount of pain I was in. I tried to move but was completely horrified by what I saw. There was a huge puddle of blood underneath me. Flashbacks from the night I lost my baby started coming back to my head.

flashback

"Good luck baby," Malcolm kissed my cheek before I got on stage in Coachella.

"You too little one," he kissed my stomach.

"Thanks baby," I smiled. I got onstage and started performing No Tears Left To Cry. In the middle of the performance, my stomach started hurting, but I decided to ignore it. The pain was getting worse, and by the end of the performance, it was hurting really bad. I got off the stage and immediately sat down on the couch backstage.

"Something doesn't feel right," I said to Malcolm.

"What's wrong baby?"

"M-my stomach hurts," I moaned in pain.

"Let's go to the doctor," he said. I nodded. As he picked me up, we were both terrified when we saw blood on the couch.

"Someone call 911," Malcolm shouted. Scooter dialled 911 and explained what happened as Malcolm tried to calm me down. I was having a full-on panic attack.

"Breathe baby," Malcolm said, rubbing my back. I was shaking and crying, both from the pain and the fear. A few minutes later, two paramedics came in and put me on a stretcher, carrying me to the ambulance. One person was allowed to come, so Malcolm was here with me.

"How many weeks along are you?" a paramedic asked.

"S-sixteen," I managed to say. I was rushed to the hospital. When we arrived, I was immediately taken to the emergency room. I was examined by the doctor and when the examination was done, Malcolm was allowed to come in.

"B-baby," I cried as he came in.

"It's going to be okay baby," he cooed, running his hand through my hair.

"W-what's wrong with me?" I asked the doctor, worried.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Grande," said the doctor, "you had a miscarriage. You might not be able to get pregnant again, and if you do, you have a high risk of having another miscarriage."

end of flashback

Toulouse and Myron started barking, getting the attention of the security. The security came rushing in and tackled Pete to the ground. I felt my eyelids getting heavier as the whole room felt like it was spinning and blurring out. Dalton came running towards me and held me in his arms.

"Baby, keep your eyes open, please," he begged.

"D-Dalton it hurts so much, I can't take it anymore," I cried as my breaths got shorter and heavier.

"I'm so sorry baby," he said, almost crying, "I should've protected you."

"No, baby, I'm so sorry, I should've listened to you. I love you," I said, just in case I couldn't make it. Right after that, everything was muffled. I felt my body shut down as I slowly slipped away into darkness.