~Chapter 60~

tw ⚠️

one week later...

Today's the day we're telling Scooter that I would have to postpone tour. I started to tremble as I felt nervous. He's gonna be here any minute. He had been acting bitter since I had that collab with Taylor two months ago.

"Baby, you're nervous, aren't you?" Dalton asked and I nodded.

"I'll be right next to you the whole time, babe, and if he pressures you, he's dead," he reassured. I slightly nodded and he softly kissed my lips. The doorbell rang and he stood up to open the door. My heart started racing. Soon, he came back to the living room with Scooter. Dalton sat down next to me and Scooter sat on the couch across us.

"So," he started, "what's that important thing you need to tell me?"

"We will have to postpone tour," I said nervously.

"And why is that?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm pregnant."

"What the fuck?"

"Scooter, listen, the doctor told me to get a lot of rest, so I couldn't dance that much, especially with those heels and stuff-" before I could finish explaining, I was cut off.

"Well, I don't care, you're still going on tour."

"I can't, my pregnancies are always risky, I always have a high chance of losing the baby, I couldn't risk my baby's life."

"Is it my fault that you're pregnant? You're still going whether you like it or not, I don't care," he snapped and I started crying on Dalton's shoulder.

"Enough!" Dalton raised his voice, "What the fuck gave you the right to treat her like that? Don't you know that she had been struggling to get pregnant for the past four years and that she's always at risk of miscarrying? Of course you don't, 'cause all you care about is money! She had been through so much and you're just making things worse because you're making her do things she doesn't want to!"

"She's still going, it's not my problem," he insisted.

"Grow the fuck up, you asshole!" Dalton yelled at him, "You're acting like a fucking five-year old! Are you trying to put my wife and our baby's lives at risk?"

"That baby's causing so much trouble, why not just get rid of it?"

"Are you telling us to kill our baby?" Dalton fumed, "Because if you are, then fuck you and get the fuck out of this house before you're fucking dead!"

He just gave him a challenging look. He stood up and tried to hit Dalton, but before he got the chance, Dalton grabbed him by the shirt and threw a punch at his face. He tried fighting back but Dalton was too strong.

"Baby, stop, p-please, I don't want you to get hurt," I managed to say as I softly grabbed his arm. He stopped hitting Scooter but was still grabbing him by the shirt.

"I'll let you go this time, just because my wife wanted me to," Dalton said coldly, "Now you better get out of here and never come back."

He let Scooter go and he gathered his things before leaving. I broke down crying and he held me tight.

"He's gone baby, you're safe with me now," he rubbed my back.

"Our b-baby didn't do anything w-wrong," I cried.

"I know baby," he cooed, "he's fucked in the head for wanting us to kill our baby."

I looked up at him and noticed a large bruise on his face along with a cut on his arm.

"I'm so s-sorry," I cried.

"For what?"

"This is the second t-time you had to get h-hurt because of m-me," I said to him.

"It doesn't matter to me baby, I don't care that I get hurt, it's my job to protect you at all costs," he lightly smiled.

"Come, I'll treat your wounds," I stood up as I got the first aid kit.

"Oh baby, you don't have to."

"Don't worry about that, I'm giving you something in return," I lightly smiled. I cleaned the cut on his arm and applied some antiseptic cream before putting a bandage over it. I took an ice pack and put it on his bruise.

"Thank you baby," he smiled. "You're welcome."

Just then, we heard Imogen crying, meaning she had woken up from her nap. We went upstairs and I picked her up. I placed her on my chest and sat down on the bed next to Dalton.

"Mommy's sad?" she asked, probably noticing my puffy eyes.

"Mommy's sad before, but I'm okay now," I reassured.

"Daddy's hurt?" she asked, looking at his bruise and the bandage on his arm.

"Yeah, Daddy's hurt, but I'll be okay," he smiled.

"Is Daddy mad?" she frowned.

"No, Piccolina, why would you think so?" I asked her.

"Daddy's shouting downstairs," she frowned.

"Yeah, Daddy was mad before, because someone's being mean to Mommy and the baby," Dalton explained.

"Oh."

"Baby, I think you should contact your record label and fire him," he said, "What he said earlier was just unacceptable."

"I-I don't k-know, he's gonna find ways to come a-after me."

"He won't baby, unless he wants to end up dead or in jail," he reassured and I nodded. I picked up my phone and called my record label. Soon, the call was picked up.

"Hi, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Uh, yeah, I would like to fire Scooter," I gulped. They asked me why and I had to explain everything from the beginning, starting from the time he forced me to go on tour although the doctor told me to rest because of how risky my pregnancy could be to the point where he told me to get an abortion and assaulted Dalton because he was defending me.

"Alright, we will further investigate and process this issue, we will call you back later."

"Thank you," I said before hanging up. I put my phone away and layed down next to Dalton, well basically next to Imogen because she was in between. Dalton placed his hand on my stomach and gently rubbed it, making me smile.

"Can't wait to meet our little one," he smiled. "Me too."

He kissed my lips and my forehead after. I smiled at how romantic he was being, just like in the beginning of our relationship.

"Eww..." Imogen frowned and we both laughed.

"What's wrong little one?" Dalton asked her.

"You kissed Mommy on the mouth."

"That's normal, Piccolina, grownups do that when they love each other," I explained, "Mommy and Daddy love each other so much, that's why we kissed."

"Oh."

"Can I say hi to the baby?" she asked.

"Sure," I smiled and lifted my top.

"Hi baby," she beamed.

"What do you want, a boy or a girl?" Dalton asked her.

"A boy!"

"Why?"

"So all my dolls will be mine."

"What if he likes dolls too?"

"No!" she frowned and we both laughed.