~Chapter 18~

tw ⚠️

I woke up feeling really sick, so I dashed to the bathroom and threw up. Dalton came up to me and rubbed my back, trying to comfort me. It had been our morning routine the past six weeks. I tried standing up, but all of a sudden, I felt lightheaded. My vision started to blur out and my legs felt like jelly. Soon enough, I collapsed onto Dalton's arms.

Dalton's pov

I noticed something was wrong with Ariana as soon as she stood up, so I held her, just in case she passed out. I was right.

"Baby?" I tried shaking her. No response. She passed out for the fourth time the past few weeks. Poor baby. I picked her up and carried her onto the bed. I was starting to get worried, so I decided to call her doctor. A few seconds later, she picked up.

"Hi, is everything okay?"

"Ariana just passed out again."

"Is she breathing normally?"

I moved closer to her and checked her breathing.

"Y-yes, it's normal."

"Is her pulse regular?"

I placed my fingers on her wrist and checked her pulse for a few seconds.

"Yes, it's regular."

"She's going to be okay. Just make sure to call 911 if she doesn't wake up in a few minutes."

"But this is the fourth time she passed out the past few weeks."

"Some pregnant women have more intense symptoms than others. It can also vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. She just happened to be one of those women with more intense symptoms," she explained.

"Oh, okay."

"Also, don't forget about her 12-week checkup tonight," she reminded.

"Okay, thanks."

"You're welcome," she said before hanging up. I rubbed my thumb across Ariana's hand, hoping she would be alright. A few seconds later, her eyes slowly fluttered open. I was completely relieved.

Ariana's pov

"Baby, are you okay?" Dalton asked as soon as I regained consciousness. He was definitely panicking.

"J-just a little dizzy."

"Do you want some water?"

I lightly nodded.

"I'll be right back," he said. He disappeared from the room and quickly came back with a glass of water. He handed me the glass and I took a sip.

"Does anything hurt?"

"No, I just feel really tired."

"You can sleep longer if you want to," he said, "I'll be here looking after you."

"Mhm," I mumbled, giving him a small smile.

*skip to appointment*

"That's your baby," Dr. Johnson said, pointing at the screen. I smiled at the sight of our baby.

"It had grown so much since the previous appointment. It's now big enough for this age, so you'll probably have a little bump on your next appointment. Your baby is also really healthy and developing really well, congratulations."

"You're due on January 3rd, 2021. You are now 12 weeks along. At this week, your risk of miscarriage drops drastically, but you still have to be careful," she added.

I was pretty much relieved, but still a little scared, because the last time I lost a baby, I was 16 weeks along.

"Let's now listen to the baby's heartbeat."

She pressed on a button and our baby's heartbeat was heard. Dalton was smiling. I was also really happy.

"Your baby's heart had gotten so much stronger," she smiled.

"Do you have any questions?"

"No."

"Okay, that's it for today. Please come back when you're 16 weeks along to see the gender of your baby."

We thanked her and went back home. We decided to shower and cuddle a little before going to sleep.

"Baby, your birthday is in five days, I'll spoil the shit out of you," Dalton smiled.

"Noo, baby, you don't have to. I'm actually planning to tell our friends and family on that day, but I don't know how."

"We'll figure it out," he giggled.

"When are you planning to tell the fans?"

"I don't actually know," I replied, "I'm still pretty scared, but let's wait until I'm around 20 weeks."

"Okay, Mommy," he said cutely.

"I'm really happy that we're having a baby together," I said to him.

"Me too," he smiled, placing his hand on my stomach.

"You know, babe," I said, starting to get emotional, "after losing a child with Malcolm, I was told that I might never be able to get pregnant again. I didn't want to tell you, because you really wanted to be a dad. I didn't want to ruin your hopes. I was afraid that you'll leave me."

"Awe... baby," he cooed, "I'll never leave you, I promise, even if that means we would never have our own kids."

"T-thank you s-so much," I started crying, "I'm s-so sorry. I-I have trust i-issues. My whole life is fucked up."

"Baby," he rubbed my back, "I understand, it's okay."

"I-I'm afraid that I'll l-lose this b-baby," I cried, "I d-don't want our relationship to be my r-relationship with M-Malcolm all over again."

"Baby, I promise, I'll stay with you no matter what happens. Even though it always feels like I'll be number two, it's okay to still love Malcolm. I completely understand."

"Baby," I looked into his eyes, "t-thank you so much for understanding. You'll never know how much it means to me. Even though I still love Malcolm, you'll always be my number one."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too Dalton."

He smiled and attached his lips onto mine. I smiled and kissed him back.

"I don't want to lose you," I shed a tear.

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be by your side to protect you and our little one," he smiled, rubbing my stomach. That's when I knew he's going to be the best dad.