Chapter 29

Reyna's POV

     I found myself in a large chamber, similar to Hylla's last throne room. My sister stood next to a large throne of gold and cedar, polishing a knife. "Sorry about the uh..., frosty reception, there's been quite an increase in monster activity. Now," : she said, "tell me about this prophecy and quest." I explained the prophecy, what we knew so far and Nico's and my journey. Hylla listened attentively, asking questions here and there. 

     "Now tell me about your companion." : she said turning to me and looking me in the eye. She sat on the steps to her dais. "What's to say?" : I replied, "Neeks is-" "Neeks?" : Hylla questioned. I blushed, "Just a pet name I have for him." : I said quickly. "What's his pet name for you?" : Hylla pushed, her lips tugging into a grin. I groaned and stared at the floor, "He calls me Rey, and occasionally I let him call me..." I paused, "Rey-Rey." 

     Hylla looked up sharply, a grin playing across her face. "No way!" : she laughed, "No freaking way! You don't allow ANYONE to call you Rey-Rey!"  Then a look of realisation flashed across her face, "Oh my gosh Reyna!" : she gasped, clasping her hands over her mouth, "Do you-" "Don't say it!" : I yelled. Hylla was rolling on the dais, laughing so much she was gasping for air. "Oh my gosh Reyna, you like him, you really do!"

     Finally she sighed and wiped the tears streaming from her eyes. "Though to be fair, I approve." : she said. I looked up from the floor. "What? Really?": I stammered, "I thought you hate guys." "We believe in keeping men in their proper places." : Hylla corrected, "And as much as I hate to admit it", she paused : "that boy knows his place."  

     "And how came you by this judgement." : I asked, raising an eyebrow. "The first time you two were here, when we uh... borrowed you from him and the satyr, he was worried for you, but not overly concerned. He knows you can take care of yourself and that he's not your shining knight in armour." : she explained. I nodded for her to continue. "And just now at our old home..." : they both paused as the bad memories flooded back, "he left his left flank open because he knew you were there. And you did the same. He trusts you with his life, knowing that you'll always have his back. He did so without a second thought. With absolutely no hesitation, he placed his life in your hands, and you your life in his hands. That's very rare among males, and I'm glad you found one." "Okay, way too emotional Hylla." : I said. We both leaned forward and hugged, it'd been a while since I got to do that.

     "I'm glad you approve, it means alot to me." : said a familiar voice from a corner, nearly causing us to jump out of our skins. Nico leaned against a nearby pillar, a mischievous grin spread across his face.