Chapter 46

Nico's POV

     I sat up in shock, gasping for air. I looked around in a daze, wondering where I was. "Wait," : I thought, "I'm supposed to be dead." I was in my bedroom at my dad's palace. At the foot of the bed, was my dad, holding... Reyna? "Dad? What... Reyna?" I leapt out of bed and ran to her side. "She helped me bring you back." : he explained. I took her pulse and shuddered it was so faint. "Why would you let her do that, you know how risky it is?" : I demanded. "She wanted to." : Hades replied. I sat on the floor, bringing her onto my lap. "C'mon Rey, c'mon come back to me. Please come back to me." : I held her there, clasping her to my chest until finally, I felt her stir. "Neeks?" : she said, her eyes flittering open. "Yeah, it's me." : I said, a wave of relief crashing over me. "We really need to stop dying for each other." : I chuckled. "You started it." : she laughed. In unison we grabbed each other's jackets and pulled each other into a kiss. 

     We may have stayed there for months I don't know, one of my hands around her waist pulling her close to me, the other running through her long silky hair. Both of her arms were wrapped around my neck, holding me close. We kissed for a long time, her sitting in my lap, losing ourselves in each other. Screw oxygen, we needed each other more. We parted some time later to prevent ourselves from passing out. "So..." : Reyna said, "because we're not supposed to bring people back, we can't exactly leave the underworld."  "I have you, that's all I need." : I replied. And we pulled each back into the kiss. 

Reyna's and Nico's POV 

     After so long and all the sacrifice we'd made, it's about damn time we got our happy ending. And we found that happy ending with each other.