Chapter-5 Draco Malfoy

Isabella got off the train with Harry and Ron and onto a tiny, dark platform. There a huge man, about thrice the size of a normal human, was standing holding a large lamp.

"Firs' years! Firs' years overhere! All right there, Harry?" He called.

"You know him?" Isabella asked Harry.

"Yeah, that's Hagrid, he is the keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts" Harry replied.

"C'mon, follow me - any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs'years follow me!" Hagrid called out again.

They followed him down a steep path, slipping and stumbling on the way.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid told them, "jus' round this bend here."

As soon as they rounded the corner Isabella felt her jaw fall slack, her eyes almost popping out of their sockets. On top of a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Isabella, Harry and Ron sat in the same boat and were soon joined by Hermione.

"Everyone in?" Hagrid shouted, Isabella notice that he had a boat to himself. "Right then- FORWARD!"

The fleet of boats started moving all at once, gliding across the smooth surface of the lake. Everyone was silently staring up at the castle overhead, in too much of an awe to speak. The castle was towering over them as they sailed nearer and nearer towards the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" Hagrid yelled as the boats in the front reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff's face. They were carried along a dark tunnel until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"Oy, you there! Is this your toad?" Isabella heard Hagrid call out to Neville as he checked the boats they clambered out of.

After Hagrid had handed the toad to the forgetful boy, they headed up a passageway in the rock, coming out onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle.

They climbed up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, oak front door.

"Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?" Hagrid asked and then proceeded to knock three times on the castle door with his gigantic fist. The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald green robes stood there.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid. Isabella assumed that the stern looking witch was Professor McGonagall.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

Professor McGonagall pulled the doors wide open, and we all followed her inside. The entrance hall was absolutely magnificent. The ceiling was too high to make out, and a breathtaking white marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors of the castle.

They followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. The Professor showed the first years into a small empty chamber of the hall. They crowded in, standing closer than they would have usually done, peering about nervously.

Isabella was very excited and very nervous at the same time. She wanted to be in Gryffindor but she liked the hufflepuffs too and Ravenclaw wouldn't be bad either. She was just worried about Slytherin.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great
Hall, you will be sorted into your Houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your House will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your
House, sleep in your House dormitory, and spend free time in your House common room. The four Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each House has its own noble history and each has produced
outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your House points, while any rule-breaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours."

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." she continued.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly." With that she left the chamber.

Suddenly a boy with pale skin and bleached hair came in front of Isabella, Harry and Ronald. "It's true then? What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. This is Crabbe and Goyle and I am Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" Isabella and Ron snorted.

"Think my name is funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe...you must be a Weasley and what about you, who are you?"

"I am his sister, Isabella Weasley" Isabella replied. "and their was no need to ask your name either by the way. Bleached hair and a stupid attitude, you are a Malfoy" she mimicked him.

Malfoy's face turned red but he continued anyway. "You will soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

Malfoy extended his hand for Harry to shake, but Harry just stared at the hand for a second and then said "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Malfoy glared at harry but before he could say anything else, Professor McGonagall came back and tapped him on the shoulder with a scroll.

"Form a line," she said. "and follow me."

Author's Note: Hey guys! Thanks a lot for 325 reads and 31 votes. I am really sorry for the delay in uploading but anyway here is chapter five. Vote if you like the chapter and the comment section is open for reviews as always. Thanks for reading!

Lots of love

Kanak