Chapter-2 Diagon Alley

Isabella and Ronald had visited Diagon Alley before with their brothers and mother to buy either some supplies for home or their brothers' Hogwarts stuff, but they had never been there to buy something for themselves. This was the reason that they both were super excited for their visit to Diagon Alley.

After breakfast Molly collected the money bag and stood holding the pot with floo powder in it.

"Percy, you first" Molly called. Percy took a fistful of floo powder and threw it into the flames, the flames turned emerald green. He stepped inside the fireplace and said "Diagon Alley". He was engulfed in the flames. The same process was repeated by the rest of the siblings and Molly.

When everyone had flooed, the family exited the Leaky Cauldron. "We have to go to Gringotts and get some money first" Molly told her children. They walked past all the crowded shops and reached the end of the street, there, as white and shining as always, stood the wizarding bank, Gringotts.

They passed a set of bronze doors, and reached the silver ones on which words were engraved:

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn.

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

They passed the silver doors too and reached the vast marble hall, where about hundred goblins sat on high stools behind a long counter, and headed for a free goblin. While Molly was talking to the goblin, Fred and George were introducing Isabella to their friend, who was also in the bank waiting for his turn.

"Lee, this is our sister Isabella-" Fred said.

"and Bella, this is our best friend Lee Jordan." George continued.

"Hello Isabella, nice meeting you." Lee said and extended his hand for her to shake.

"Hello Lee, nice meeting you too I suppose." Isabella shook his hand.

Fred and George continued to talk to their friend while Isabella waited patiently for their mother, who had already gone to their vault.

"Fred, George, Bella come on. We already got the money." Molly called.

"Coming mum." The three replied in sync.

They bid Lee goodbye and walked towards their family. "So, I am taking Ron and Isabella to a second-hand robe shop. Ginny will be coming with us. Then Isabella can go get herself a wand at Ollivander's, while I, Ron and Ginny buy the other stuff from Eyelops Owl Emporium. The rest of you do your shopping, we will meet at Flourish and Blotts in an hour."

The family parted ways and Ginny, Ron and Isabella followed Molly to a second hand robe shop. In the shop Ron and Isabella quickly found robes of their sizes and they left the shop. After that, Molly escorted Isabella to Ollivander's and then, as planned, went on her way to Eyelops with Ron and Ginny.

Isabella was jumping with excitement by this time because buying a wand was the thing she had been looking forward to most. According to what her brothers had told her, it was an amazing experience.

The wand shop was narrow and shabby. The golden letters on the door read Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. Isabella opened the door and nervously called out "hello?". There was no reply. Isabella looked around and spotted a stool, she quickly walked over to it and sat down, waiting.

After a few minutes of anxious waiting, Isabella finally heard a soft voice, "good afternoon". She jumped up quickly and turned around only to find herself face to face with an old man with wide, pale eyes. The man had a creepy look about him, but if you looked closely, his eyes held a lot of warmth and kindness.

"Hello" Isabella replied awkwardly. "I am Isabella Weasley, I need to buy a wand."

"Oh yes, of course. Let me see.... please hold out your wand arm."

Isabella held out her right hand. Mr. Ollivander pulled out a long tape measure and it instantly began measuring her from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and round her head.

After quite a lot of measuring he said "Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Miss Weasley. We use unicorn hairs, phoenix tail feathers, and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons, or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, you will never get such good results with another wizard's wand."

He began walking around the shelves taking down boxes. "Right then, Miss Weasley. Try this one. Maple and unicorn tail hair. Nine and a half inches. Flexible. Just give it a wave." He handed her the wand. She took it carefully and waved it a little bit and almost instantly, Mr. Ollivander snatched it out of her hand.

"No, try this one, holly and dragon heartstring. Eleven and a half inches, quite whippy." Isabella waved it too but it was also snatched out of her hand.

She tried wand after wand, but Mr. Ollivander didn't seem satisfied with any of them. After what seemed like ages they finally found the right one.

"Beechwood and unicorn tail hair. Eight and a quarter inches. Nice and supple." When Val waved the wand, Beautiful flowers started coming out of the other end. "Oh bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Ten galleons Miss Weasley."

Isabella scrambled around for the pouch her mother had given her and handed him the money. She took her now packed wand from him and exited the shop, only to find her mother, Ron and Ginny waiting patiently outside.

"Did you get your wand?" Molly asked the girl.

"Yes mum." Isabella replied.

"Ok, so now we have to meet Fred, George and Percy in Flourish and Blotts."

They headed towards the book shop and after buying their books, they flooed back to "The Burrow"

Author's Note: This chapter is quite boring but anyway, she got her wand! And also I have already triple checked but still if somewhere it is written Valentina/Val please read it as Isabella/Bella. I am trying my best to edit these chapters but this one didn't go well. Please vote if you like the book and please give reviews in the comment section. Thanks for reading! And last but not the least, I would like to say "Merry Christmas!"

lots of love

Kanak