Chapter-4 The Train Ride

After bidding goodbye to her mother and Ginny, Isabella boarded the train with her brothers. Percy quickly left for the prefects' compartment. Fred and George left to find their friends too.

"Let's go and find a compartment," Isabella said to Ron.

"Yeah let's go"

They made their way down the train, peeking in every compartment, looking for an empty one or one with enough space. After quite a lot of searching, they finally found one. There was only one person inside, he was looking out of the window, it was that boy from the station. Isabella slid the door open.

"Can we sit here?" she asked, gesturing to herself and Ron. "All the other compartments are full."

"Yeah sure," he said with a smile.

Ron and Isabella quickly entered and Isabella sat down beside the boy, while Ron sat down opposite him.

"Hello, I am Ron, Ron Weasley and this is my sist-" Ron started.

"I am capable of introducing myself, ickle Ronniekinns" Isabella interrupted him. Then she turned to face the other boy and said "I am Isabella Weasley, you can call me Bella." She held out her hand.

"Hello, I am Harry, Harry Potter. Nice to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Are you really Harry Potter? I thought Fred and George were joking." Ron asked. Harry nodded. Ron stared at him in awe.

Isabella nudged him and jokingly said, "It's rude to stare Ronnie"

Ron's ears turned a light shade of red and Harry chuckled.

"Well, I, unlike my brother, am not insensitive, but I am curious too. So, do you really have the scar?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah, I do" Harry brushed his hair off his forehead. There, in the shape of a lightning bolt, was the scar.

"Wicked!" Ron and Isabella chorused.

"So  that's where You Know Who -?"

"He's being an insensitive prat again" Isabella said under her breathe. Harry heard, chuckled again, and said "It's okay, really."

"What's okay?" Ron asked.

"He said you being an insensitive prat is okay" Isabella responded.

Ron turned as red as his hair and quickly looked out of the window. There was silence until Harry spoke up:

"Are all your family wizards?"

Ron talked to Harry about their family while Isabella zoned out of the conversation and started reading her book, Hogwarts a history for the 8th time. 

Suddenly the compartment door opened and two redheads entered. Yes, you guessed it right. Fred and George.

"Hey Bella, Ron," they said. "Listen, we are going down the middle of the train - Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there. Bella you can come if you want."

" I don't think I will. I gotta make new friends."

"Ok then," they replied. "Harry," Fred continued, "did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is -"

"We have already introduced ourselves, thank you very much." Isabella intercepted.

"Well see you later then lil sis, ickle Ronnie."

"Stop calling me that!" Ron called after them, but they were already gone. 

************************

The train ride was uneventful (except for the fact that Harry bought a compartment full of sweets) until a girl with bushy brown hair slid open the door of the compartment.

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said.

"No, but we will tell you if we see it," Isabella replied.

"Thanks, I suppose" she said. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then." She turned to Ron who was about to try turning Scabbers yellow.

"Er- Alright. Ahem." He cleared his throat. "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." Ron waved his wand. Nothing happened.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" The girl said. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard — I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough — I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" 

"Isabella Weasley," Isabella told her.

"I'm Ron Weasley," Ron muttered. 

"Harry Potter," said Harry. 

"Are you really?" said Hermione. "I know all about you, of course — I got a few extra books for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century." 

"He is there in Most Mysterious Magical Miracles too" Isabella added.

"Am I?" said Harry, feeling dazed.

"Goodness, didn't you know, I'd have found out everything I could if it was me," said Hermione. "Do either of you know what House you'll be in? I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad. . . . Anyway, I'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You three had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon." And she left.

Harry, Ron and Isabella talked about Quidditch for the rest of the train ride before the train slowed down and finally came to a stop.

Authors Note: Hey guys! Thanks for 250 reads and 22 votes! Please vote if you like the chapter. Share the book with your friends if you like it. Give reviews in the comment section. Thanks for reading!

lots of love

Kanak