Chapter 8

(Y/N) POV (time-skip 3 weeks)

Strange things have been occurring lately these past few weeks. Whenever I hang out with different people, my body acts up and I suddenly get powers!

Just an hour ago, I was hanging out with Silver, and he using his telekinetic to get something, and then all of a sudden, I start doing it too! I freaked and excused myself to go home and scream into a pillow for a while.

Next, I hung out with Blaze. She was using her fire to cook some lunch for us, then all of a sudden, the table cloth is on fire! Soon, I started to just stay in my home and lock myself in there.

Team Chaotix would visit from time to time, to check up and make sure I was all right. I would reassure them and usher them out of my house. They haven't visited in a week, but I suspect they were given a case out of nowhere and couldn't say goodbye.

Shadow saw me yesterday, but I didn't let him in my house for fear of me getting chaos powers and go berserk (the powers, not me). My poor friends are probably worried sick about me and I'm just shutting them out.

All of sudden, pulling me out of my thoughts, was a knock on the door. I walk over and take a peek through the peephole. It's Asher.

"Hey, (Y/n)? Are you in there? Everyone else getting kinda worried so they asked me to come and check on you. Do you wanna come out and take a walk together? You and me?"

You sigh and lean against the door, weighing your options. On one hand, you could just ignore him and keep everyone nervous about you. On the other hand, you could just spill some of your guts and get the weight off your back. The latter sounded better so you answer back,

"I'm coming! Just a minute!"

You quickly change into something that isn't pajamas or 'lazes around the house' type of clothes and hurried to open the door to reveal Asher... nipping at his wings.

"Asher? What are you doing?"

"Huh? What? Well, I- uh... Um... This is normal!!! Don't question it!"

Asher said, flustered as heck, and covered his face with his wings.

You giggle at him and his antics before closing the door behind you and hurrying to the forest close to your house.

"Hey, wait up! Slow down, for crying out loud!" Asher hurries to catch up to you while you slow down when reaching the outskirts of the forest.

"Sorry, just been a little jumpy lately. Let's just enjoy this walk, alright?" Asher just shrugs at your question and you both start walking in peaceful quiet.

15 minutes into the walk, Asher looks like something is just strangling him and he can't take it anymore.

"Asher, what is-"

"Why are you avoiding everybody? Every time you hang out with someone else, I see you running out of their house, being only a few minutes at the house and it's killing me! Please, tell me before you start to avoid me too!" He looks at you with desperate and anxious eyes, pleading not to shut him out too.

You take a deep breath until it turns into a sigh.

"You know back at the lab, how egg breath would inject random, weird serums into me?" He nods solemnly at your question.

"Well, I think it's having an effect on me now, because... whenever someone is close by me and uses their powers, I start to do it too." You say to him, now having stopped walking and now staring at the ground while rubbing your arm, ashamed.

"...Okay." You look up in surprise and he just stares back at you blankly, seemingly not understanding the situation.

"Isn't that weird to you?! I've never had powers before and it's not a coincidence that suddenly I have random powers that my friends have when I return home! That stupid scientist did something to me and now it's starting to show, whatever he did to me!" After your frustrated rant, you were out of breath and leaning against a tree, a small, sharp headache pounding at your head.

Asher seems to take this into thought before he speaks,

"I know I'm not the sharpest claw on the paw, but I'll let you know that I think that you are perfectly fine. You should probably tell everyone about your weird powers and they'll understand (or try to at least...) and probably help you control and understand your power. As long as that stupid man of an egg doesn't find out, I think you'll be alright. Trust me, things will get better, we just need to work towards it."

Asher gives you a big grin and opens his arms for a big hug. You wipe away the few tears that fell during Asher's heartfelt speech. You rush towards him and hug him strongly, not wanting to let go anytime soon. A few minutes pass before the two of you break away from each other.

"Let's... go back." Asher grins back at you and the both of walk back to your house.

Tails POV (Time-skip a few hours)

I wipe my forehead heavy of sweat as I step back and look at my progress that I made. The Tornado's mdifications were coming along nicely! I'm really proud of what I decided to do with the wings and-

*BAM* *CRASH* *SHATTER*

I turn and look in the direction of where the noise came from. I realize that it's around 7 and the sun is setting, but that's beside the point.

"Hello? Who's there?" I walk cautiously closer towards the noise and be ready for a potential fight. I take a peek at the window behind the Tornado and some sort of... fuzzy creature that broke through window.

It shakes it's head and gets up. It's ear twitches and turns around immediately to look at me. My eyes widen as I can't believe what I'm seeing.

"...SONIC?!"

A/N: What's this?! A chapter? Happy holidays, readers! Hope you curl up, be warm and safe, and read this chapter! As always, vote, comment, and share this chapter if you enjoyed this. Firebug blazing out!