Chapter 5

(Y/n) POV

You wake up, facing a tent roof with a splitting headache. You sit up and look at your surroundings. You were just on a camping cot while the rest of the tent was empty. You then realized that you had fallen asleep on Roy's chest last night. You blushed deeply at the thought. Just then, Shadow walked in.

"Are you feeling okay, (Y/n)?"

"Kinda. I only have a bad headache, but I'm sure I'll be fine once I take some headache medicine,"

Shadow smiles at you then do something totally unexpected. He hugs you. He doesn't usually do something like this with you before. You were shocked for a few seconds but then you return the hug, then, he let's go of you, smiles, and leaves the tent. Your cheeks heat up a little by the gesture that Shadow did to you. You shake your head and leave the tent. You're greeted by the bright sunlight that blinds you little before your eyes adjust to it. You then see that there are a few tents scattered but most of the place was re-built houses. You realize this was the neighborhood that you and your friends live in. You take a few steps and turn around and a thought flashes through your head. 'This is where my house is supposed to be. Does that mean they haven't gotten to it yet? Probably because of what Amy had said about them planning rescue missions, everyone must have been so busy, they couldn't think about rebuilding at that time. I don't mind that they haven't gotten to it yet.' You turn back around and look at all the different houses that have been built. Then you hear some shouting and see that someone is charging right at you.

"(Y/n)!!! You're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkk!!!!"

Your vision is suddenly swallowed by orange color and you realize that it's Charmy. You remove him from your face and give him a proper hug.

"Charmy! How have you been? Did you get lonely without me?"

"Yeah! Me and Vector and Espio all missed you dearly. I didn't stop thinking about you at all! I drew a whole bunch of pictures only for you! Oops! I forgot I drew a special 'welcome home!' picture and I don't have it! Be right back!"

You chuckle at the bee as he zooms off as quickly as he came. A throat clears and you turn to see Vector and Espio smiling at you.

"I'm sure you just heard that conversation," you say to the other Chaotix members, smiling sheepishly at them.

"Charmy saw you and instantly and flew off without warning. It's good to see you again, (Y/n)," Espio says with a warm smile.

"I'm glad that your safe, (Y/n). It was probably awful while you were in Eggman's captivity. Sorry that we didn't rescue earlier," Vector says while rubbing the back of his head.

"It's fine. I'm sure everyone did their best to try to get me back," You say, smiling at them warmly.

"Alright, we're going. We've got a bee to keep out of trouble. Take it easy, (Y/n)!" Vector says, both him and Espio waving goodbye.

You wave back and start wandering around. It was a peaceful day overall, save some screaming coming from Amy telling Knuckles to be careful with something. You soon find yourself in front of the 'Mystery House' as you called. You had no idea who lived there. All you knew was that it was there before you moved in. You had asked your friends before who lived there, but the only reply you got was, 'You'll meet him soon... probably.' So you would just shrug and walk away. But today, you wanted to check out this house. It was probably unlocked since you would see Tails go in and out of it sometimes. 'I wonder what careless yahoo would stupidly leave there house unlocked. Do they not worry that someone might come in and steal something?' You start to look around, looking at the decor and color scheme.

"This person really likes the color blue and the beach. It makes me wonder even more who this person is..." you spoke softly to yourself.

You head upstairs and find a comfy bedroom that had a different spectrum of the color blue all over the room. You spot a desk that had an open book on top of it. You walk over and pick it up. On the cover read, 'How To Tell Your Friends Your Innermost Darkest Secrets'. You stare at in confusion when...

"Find anything you like?"

You shriek and turn around to find that there's a blue hedgehog with a calm smile leaning across the doorway.

"O-oh, I-i'm sorry! I thought that no one lived here since it was empty all the time so I thought 'Why not check it out?' Please don't be mad at me!" You beg. He chuckles at you then says,

"It's completely fine. I haven't been here in a while so I guess it would evoke your curiosity,"

"So, um, your the person that lives here? I guess it's just surprising that I'm just meeting you now since I got back... "Your words trail off while you stare at the ground, making the situation even more awkward. 'Holy crap! I shouldn't have come in here. I probably look like a creeper to this dude! Why did I even come in here?!'

"So, um, I haven't properly introduced myself, but I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog!" He says while giving me a big, warm, genuine smile. Your heart skips a few beats before you come to.

"Oh! Um.... I-i'm (Y/n). (Y/n) t-the (t/a). N-nice to meet you, Sonic..."

You shake his hand while you blush profusely.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n). Anyway, it seems like you haven't been here long. Want me to show you around?"

"Oh no! I'm fine! It's just that 6 months ago, Eggman captured me, so I've been here, but not for a while,"

"Oh! Ok. So I'm guessing that you know everyone?"

"Y-yeah. I probably should catch up with everyone s-so I'll be going!" You say as you past Sonic and out of the house as fast as you can. You make it to the outside of the front door and you take a deep breath. 'Well, that could've gone better. Wonder why Sonic is here of all days. Strange...' You walk away from the house towards Vanilla and Cream's house since it's been a while since you've talked to them.

Sonic's POV

I watch (Y/n) head straight for Vanilla and Cream's house while watching through my window. 'Man, (Y/n) sure is something. Maybe it's a good thing that she doesn't know me that much so I can easily become friends and as a bonus, tell her that I'm 'Roy'. This is going to be awesome.' I smile down at the (f/c) (t/o/a) with a feeling of happiness bubbling inside of me.

(A/N): Hey! It took me a while since I had no idea what to write next but somehow, here's chapter 5! Stay safe out there and happy readings! Good day!