Chapter 7

Chip's POV

Oh my gosh. This is so amazing! These brownies really are the best! I know Sonic told me to stay out of sight, but I couldn't resist the delicious aroma of (Y/n)'s brownies! So, I snuck up quietly to a table full of food and grabbed the biggest piece of brownie when a strange light blue creature came up. It was wearing a bow-tie and a yellow ball floating above its head. The ball then formed into a question mark as the creature stared at me in confusion. I just stare back while slowly backing away. It looks at what is in my hands and immediately charges at me. "Hey!" I exclaim, keeping a hold on the big, delicious, piece of brownie. We struggle for a while until I realize that someone is approaching the table. I freak out and instantly (and regretfully) let go of the delicious brownie and quickly fly away to hide in the forest. Disappointed, I decided to fly elsewhere to find a place to rest and eat the extra chocolate bar that I keep with me.

Sonic's POV

I heard a big commotion over at the snack table and ran over to see. It turned out that Cheese was messing around and crashed into the majority of the snacks. As Cream flew off with a food covered Cheese, Amy came bounding over to me in a magenta sundress.

"Heya, Sonic! How are you enjoying the picnic?" she asked, looking at me expectantly.

"It's... ok. At least it's relaxing and not hectic as the last picnic I attended to..." I shudder a bit at the thought. Let's just say that I can't look at comically large sandwiches the same again...

"Sonic! I put a lot of thought into this! I thought you would be glad to see all of your friends again. We haven't seen you in a while, so at least be nice!" she huffed and turned away.

"Sheesh..." I mutter. I turn around to come face first with (Y/n). I smile at her.

"Hey (Y/n)! How you're feeling? Nice day for a picnic, right?" "Oh gosh, what was that? I sound like a moron talking to an old friend...'

"It's not too bad, other than the food table being ruined. I'm so glad to be back though..." She says, looking down at the ground, smiling shyly. 'Dang, (Y/n) is the darn cutest thing ever' I open my mouth, about to say something, when...

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" Shadow himself comes to ruin the moment. 'Oh great. Not him again,'

"Hi, Shadow. Sonic and I were just talking. What are you up to?" I saw something flash across Shadow's face but he quickly recovered. "Just here to tell you that Cream's Chao ruined your brownies and thought that maybe we should go to your house and make some more,"

"Really?! You'd do that? That's so sweet! Alright, let's get going!" The chipper (t/o/a) replied back to that fake hedgehog. "I'll see you later, Sonic!" she waved. I waved back and held in my anger. I had no idea that Shadow likes that sweet (t/o/a). What does she see in him? I'll look into it later. Right now, I've got a hunch of why Cheese messed up the table and the answer lies with a pink fairy thing...

A/N: So sorry that this is short and took me awhile to write. Just a little short on ideas but I'm sure I'll think of something! Thank you reader's who've stayed by my side! Firebug blazing out!