Six

Ian, Alix and I, talked effortlessly about my life in New York during the main course. It creeped me out that I could talk to them like this, even if it were small things. I kept to myself, I didn't have friends in work or outside, my apartment was my world.

We talked about my favorite places in the city, like my favorite restaurant; anything I enjoyed, seemed to interest them. To be honest, even if the small talk creeped me out, I enjoyed the attention; especially from two very sexy men. Ugh! I groaned mentally while placing a delicate smile on my burning face.

"Tell me, Summer," Ian started, his eyes studying me carefully. "How long have you worked for my company?"

I stared at him dumbfounded, "you don't know?"

Ian chuckled and Alix smiled, showing his bright, straight teeth. He was gorgeous.

"I'm afraid not," Ian said, blowing air through his nose. "I just know that you're the reason why our company's profits increased ten percent."
Ten percent!? My,eyes widened at his words. "What do you mean?"

Ian looked at Alix then back to me, "it means you got the promotion thousands beg for and half-a*sed their work."

I smiled, "I worked since I graduated NYU in 2010 with a bachelors in art and worked for you since."

Ian leaned back in his chair, "so a total of five years. How old are you? You're not a vampire are you?"

I laughed at his assumption which was followed by both men laughing. "I can only hope, but it's too late for that. I'm nearly 25." I joked half heartedly.

I watched as their faces composed into amusement and curiosity.

"That means you graduated high school at a very young age. Which also means you started working for us at the age of twenty."

"Yeah, I started out pretty low. But once Mr. Beckett saw my potential and abilities, he hired me." I said, giving Mr. Beckett a good word.

"Well, I guess Mr. Beckett deserves a very well earned vacation and generous raise. Excuse me." Ian said, sliding out of his chair and pulling out a cell phone.

I felt happy that Mr. Beckett was going to get more recognition for adopting a stray.

Ian left me with Alix, suddenly the humongous dining area seemed to shrink to a fourth of its original size.

I averted my gaze back to my empty plate, remembering the savory taste of the beef and vegetables. The meet I placed in the oven tasted wonderful and sinfully delicious. Like the two men here. My brain teased.

I ignored the statement, feeling eyes burn into my head. "Didn't your parents ever teach you staring is impolite?" I chided.

Alix chortled, "no. Sorry I can't help it. You're very beautiful."

My cheeks flushed, the room growing hotter. "You don't even know me, at the very least you know only what I enjoy." I retorted.

It was quiet for a moment before Alix replied, "I believe if you find out what a person enjoys most, it's easier to find their dislikes. And Summer, I can guess what you dislike very much."

I looked up, stunned at his remark. His smiling facial expression was replaced with seriousness that only a very experienced man could have.

I blushed deeper. Shut up! Breath.

I let go a shaky breath.

"Summer, you act as if I fluster you. Do I?" Alix asked.

I stared at him, my eyes narrowing,in anger, who does he think he is?

"Didn't your parents ever teach you that staring was impolite?"