Nine

My eyes popped open and I jumped up, taking in the room I was given. I sighed in relief when there was no evidence of blood. The nightmare was so real. I thought to myself, my body relaxing immensely. Duh, vampires don't exist, Summer. I lightly scolded myself. Laughing at the thought of vampires, I also,wondered if dinner was a dream too.

Getting up I headed into the bathroom, grabbing a towel on the way and clothing to shower. I glanced in the mirror, frozen, as I noticed a white bandage rest on the side where Ian bit me. It had to be a dream. I tried convincing myself over and over as I obsessively stared at the gauze. With a shaky hand, I peeled back the bandage and gasped in horror.

Two puncture holes, inches apart, stood out on my ivory skin, the holes a deep red and swollen. I pushed the gauze back into place, my brain in overdrive to find a way out without being noticed. If Ian was truly a vampire, I doubt that he didn't have super hearing. I creeped to the bedroom door and slowly opened it, to my relief it didn't creak or make any noise and I began to walk out. My whole frame was shaking from the adrenaline I had coursing through my veins.

I sucked air in and out of my lungs, careful not to pant or hyperventilate. My heart was eerily calm and slow with the adrenaline in my body, which would have freaked me out if not for the danger I was in.

I peaked around the corner that led to the foyer I once admired, the place seeming like a prison instead of a dream home. Careful not to make a dash for it, I tip toed as fast as possible down the stairs. My heart started to race, my hands growing damp with nerves. Now or never. I told myself. I ran for the door, swinging it open and coming face to face with Ian and Alix.

I screamed, as I saw them both standing outside, they seemed to be in a heated discussion and I rudely interrupted. I took off running into the kitchen, not bothering to look behind me. Reina was sitting at the counter, cook books open.

I didn't waste time grabbing her warm hands and rushing to the back door. Reina looked shocked and confused by the sudden kidnapping. I didn't care, we needed to get of there. I swung the door open to find Alix with his hands up and palms outward in a non-threatening way. I pushed Reina behind me, not knowing how to defend myself against the attacking monsters.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a chef knife. Taking the cool handle in my hand before I could register a plan I stabbed Alix in the chest, the blade protruded out like a horror movie. Taken aback by my surprise attack, Alix stumbled, his back coming up against the marble counter, I darted with Reina on my tail.

"Miss Summer, please stop. We have to help Mr. Alix." Reina pleaded calmly.

I shook my head, the estate surrounded by iron gates. We couldn't climb them nor slide through the narrow bars. I stopped and spun on Reina, "help him?!"

She nodded calmly, folding her hands in front of her.

I grew frustrated with her and ripped the bandage off my neck, her annoying calming demeanor vanished after her eyes landing on the small red holes on my neck. "They're monsters." I hissed at Reina.

"Who?"

I grabbed Reina this time again, placing her protectively behind me when Ian appeared. I narrowed my eyes at him, "you are."

He was unabashed, his face taking a neutral look as he look me over. "But you told me to bite you, Miss Summers."

My cheeks turned red with anger, "figuratively, you moronic animal!"

Ian's lips twitched upwards but didn't fully form a smile or whatever it was he wanted to do. "Reina, come." Ian said smoothly, talking to Reina like a dog angered me even more. My hands balled into tight fists, tightening onto Reina.

I held onto her like a life preserver, but to my dismay, she pulled out of my grasp to stand next to Ian.

"I hate you." I hissed at Ian.

He shrugged standing closer to me, "and I hate you."

Ian's hand snaked around my waste and pulled me into a kiss. I struggled to get out of his grasp, not wanting him to touch me, but he was too strong. When he begged for entrance into my mouth I spat in his face.

Ian wasn't phased with my behavior but rather amused. He picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. I kicked and screamed all the way into the house, pleading to deaf ears to help me.