Four

The huge walk in closet was still huge compared to the limited clothing I have. I still could fit an entire elephant and a giant squid inside. The bathroom held my soaps and makeup effortlessly with more than enough room available.

I felt very inadequate at the moment. I sighed, flopping down on the very soft bed, pinching the bridge of my nose. I was very jet lagged, and the promise of food was only getting me through the day.

Giving up, I opted for a hot shower.

~~

The steam filled the entire bathroom, making it hard to see. I felt my way along the long sink to the door only to bump into a wall.

I felt along the wall and froze when the wall began to breath. I screamed, stumbling back, clutching the towel I had wrapped myself in.

"Women." The wall scoffed.

I squinted my eyes, trying to focus in on the wall I felt up.

"Get out!" I yelled.

The door opened, allowing a gust of cool air to flood the bathroom. Sooner than later I was able to gain visibility. A man, no taller than 6'2" stood in the doorway. Curly black hair was in disarray from the steam, his ethereal blue eyes stared at me, he had ivory skin that seemed translucent against the creamy paint and he was beautiful.

His eyes narrowed, "where's Julie?"

"W-who?" I stammered, caught off guard of the stranger and his beauty.

"Julie. The girl who stayed in this room."

"I just a-arrived. I'm sorry."

He eyed me suspiciously and turned on his heel to leave me baffled and blushing from the encounter. I let a small sigh escape with the embarrassment only to grab my chest when he returned, a flirty smile on his lips. "That towel looks amazing on you, and by the way, I'm Alix. Alix with an 'i'."

He took in my embarrassment, smiled and walked away laughing.
Jack a*s. I hissed inside my head. I rushed to the bathroom door to find the man leaving. The bedroom door closed with a satisfying click.

I quickly dried off, Alix completely forgotten, and dressed. I dried my hair and settled to tie it into a tight pony tail. I wore an elegant blouse with a pair of dress pants and a pair of black flats to accent the black attire.

I gave myself a final once over and headed out the door. The scent of dinner wafted throughout the entire estate, making my mouth water. I followed my nose, like Tucan Sam says in those fruit loop commercials, down the crafted stairs and to the left.

The foyer was laced with the aromas of food, while the dining area was strongest with the scents. I smelled steaks and pies as the scents assaulted my nose.

I continued to follow my nose to walk into a very busy kitchen. At least five men and women hustled around the large area.

They looked frantic, I couldn't help myself, "can I help with anything?"

I could notice their shoulders sag with relief once they saw me.

"I burned the steaks, and now we have to start from scratch for the new guest." One of the men said.

I smiled, "here, allow me."

I walked over to the prep area and began to season the steaks. I powdered them with salt, pepper and a little bit of cinnamon before placing them on a tray. I threw them in with the pie and watched.

Once a certain amount of time passed, I flipped the meats over and waited another five minutes.

They all looked relieved, I felt pretty good.

"Thank you so much." One of the women said as she took the steaks out.

"Any time," I smiled sweetly.

"I'm Reina." The woman said, extending her hand.

"Summer." I replied, shaking her hand firmly.

Her mouth fell open slightly. She reminded me of my first encounter with the country.

I smiled, "are you okay?"

Reina was no older than thirty-five, her blonde hair was cut short to her ear lobes, she had brown eyes and an olive complexion. She was as tall as me, standing at 5'3" and very skinny.

"Thank you for your help, Ma'am. We can take it from here." Reina said, giving a slight bow.

My eyes narrowed in confusion and my head cocked to the right. Did I do something?

Before I could ask, I was ushered out by one of the cooks and the kitchen door softly closed in my face.