Chapter 8: Flash Forward

It has been 3 years since Jo was pregnant. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, named Charlotte.

"Mommy." Charlotte says. "Where is Daddy?"

Jo gets a blank look onto her face. All of the memories start to flood back.

"Well, Charlotte. Your Daddy decided about 2 years ago that he should help out with his other kids more."

"I have brother and sissy?" Charlotte says.

"No, but yes." Jo says. "You both have the same Daddy, but I am not their Mommy. They are considered your half brother and sister."

"Wow! SO COOL! When can I see them? Are they here?" Charlotte yells.

"No, honey." Jo explains. "Your Daddy moved to Kansas when you were 1 years old. His old girlfriend had his 2 children many, many years before you were born. Daddy decided that he wanted to be apart of their life more. Before he left, he told me a secret."

"A secret?" Charlotte says. "I want to know!"

"He told me that you were always, always, always going to be his favorite, and most well-behaved daughter."

"Aw!" Charlotte says. "I love Daddy."

"I do too, Char." Jo says. "Come here and give your Mom a hug."

Jo still feels deep love towards Alex. She also hopes that one day he'll come back and explain he was wrong for leaving.