Forgetfulness In A Christmas Carol

Forgetfulness: Bah, humbug!

Me As Bob Cratchit: *blowing out my candle*

Forgetfulness: You want all day I suppose?

Me As Bob Cratchit: Only once a year, sir!

Forgetfulness: It's just a poor man's excuse for pick pocketing, every 25th of December! But, I suppose you must have the whole day! Be here all the earlier, the next morning!

Me As Bob Cratchit: *leaves*

Forgetfulness: *buttoning up his coat, leaves his counting house, and locks the door* Humbug! *leaves to go home in the blowing snow*

Time skip.....

Forgetfulness: *arrives home and unlocks his door, but his attention is caught by the knocker* Hmm?

Knocker: *comes alive*

Forgetfulness: Jacob Marley?

Lake247: *ghostly tone* Scrooogeeeee!!!!!!

Forgetfulness: *screams*

Knocker: *is a knocker again*

Forgetfulness: *opens his door, and sees nothing but the screws holding the knocker together* Pooh pooh! *slams the door*

Narrator: Darkness was cheap, and F liked it. But the situation at the door, made him paranoid. He searched everyone of his rooms, to make sure everything was as they should be. He had enough recollection of the desire to do just that. No one under the bed, under the sofa. His robe was hanging up in a suspicious attitude. F had some gruel. He had a cold in his head, upon the hob. He sat down. There was a bell. It rang for some purpose. Much to F's surprise, the bell rang softly. Then, it rang loudly, so did every bell in the house. This might have lasted for a minute, but it seemed an hour. Then, there was sound. It sounded like someone dragging a heavy chain, through the wine merchant's cellar. F then remember to have heard that ghosts in haunted houses, were known to carry chains.

Forgetfulness: *scared at the sudden noise* Someone broke into my house!

Narrator: The sound came ever so closer.

Forgetfulness: It's humbug, still. I won't believe it.

Lake247: *enters* Scrooge!

Forgetfulness: How now! What do you want with me?!

Lake247: Much!

Forgetfulness: Who are you?

Lake247: Ask me who I was!

Forgetfulness: Who were you?

Lake247: In life, I was your partner.

Forgetfulness: Can you sit down?

Lake247: I can.

Forgetfulness: Do it then.

Lake247: You don't believe in me.

Forgetfulness: I don't.

Lake247: Why do you doubt your senses?

Forgetfulness: Cause a little thing. You may be an undigested blot of beef, a blob of mustard, an undercooked potato! There's more gravy, than a grave about you, whatever you are!

Lake247: Ha!

Forgetfulness: You see this toothpick?

Lake247: I do.

Forgetfulness: You are not looking at it.

Lake247: I see it, notwithstanding.

Forgetfulness: Well, I have but to swallow this toothpick! And be it as my own imagination! Humbug, I tell you! Humbug!

Lake247: Man of the worldly mind! Do you believe in me or not?!

Forgetfulness: I do! Speak comfort to me, Jacob!

Lake247: I wear these chains. Captive bound, and double ironed. Is it's pattern strange to you?

Forgetfulness: Um....

Lake247: Hear me! My time is nearly gone!

Forgetfulness: You were always good, Jacob! Thank ee!

Lake247: You will be haunted, by three spirits!

Forgetfulness: I don't think I can!

Lake247: Without their visits, you cannot escape the path I tread! Expect the first ghost at the stroke of 1!

Forgetfulness: Can't I meet them all at once, and have it over, Jacob?

Lake247: Expect the second ghost at the stroke of 2, and the third ghost at the stroke of 3. Expect to see me no more, and for your own sake, remember what is past between us! *leaves*

Forgetfulness: *hears the moaning of restless spirits*

Restless Spirits: *moaning and walking*

Forgetfulness: This is too scary! *looking out the window*

Restless Spirits: *fade away*

Forgetfulness: Phew! Glad that's over! *drifts into a deep sleep, unaware of the visitation from the Ghost Of Christmas Past*

This story was written on Thursday, December 24th, 2020. (Christmas Eve)

A/N F is in a Christmas Carol!!! He is Ebeneezer Scrooge!!! Lake247 was Jacob Marley, and I was Bob Cratchit! The Ghost Of Christmas Past is gonna pay him a visit, real soon! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.