2. a hearing

DEATH SPENDS THE REST OF THE DAY LOSING HER TAIL.

It's not as funny as it sounds.

As she left the park, a nearby bird whispered to her that a curse was following her. The birds eyes then peaked down below at the earth from its high up perch. What appeared to be a volcano curse hid between humans walking around the park. Their presence was hidden for most, but for Death it was obvious.

The spirit, because that's closer to what they're called when they're made of natural curses, looked interesting enough. Cocky and bright with one large eye and a smile too wide for its oddly shaped head. He (was it a he?) was short. A green patterned rob hung off of his shoulders to hide his shape with a long cane to support his hunch as he walked silently in the direction of Death.

It was peculiar, Death hadn't been sought out in a while and it was obvious by the bad trailing, that she was currently being so.

What an odd day, first Gojo, now this. Almost felt like a Monday.

Continuing to whind in and out of the park, in and out of residential areas, her bird watcher finally let her know that the curse had given up after sharing the image to her mind of a rather fed up looking volcano curse. She had the brilliant image of a huge eye narrowing at the distance and slight steam flowing out of his top.

The bird continued to relay this:

He took a phone from his robe and flipped it open to his ear.

"She got away before I could make contact, but Gojo did meet with her."

"No, they just talked."

"She did shake his hand...what? What do you mean?"

"If she is so important to our plans, why don't you grab her?"

"...not too much longer? You mean I wasted my day for nothing?!"

"Fine, I'll stay in the area for another day, but after that I'm heading to Tokyo for Gojo."

He flipped the phone shut and disappeared. The line of vision faded to black and Death thought to herself, so that's their move. Maybe I should stick closer to Gojo than I thought.

_____

Across the city on a bullet train, Gojo Satoru sits to himself and looks out the train's window.

Nagana had more surprises for him than he realized.

Death was a mystery that he wanted to solve. He felt drawn to the woman from the instant his six eyes caught an ounce of the red hair flowing behind her as she left the cafe.

Rosewood filled his senses when he sat before her. Soft sunlight peaked beyond the trees in the park, lighting behind her making her appear as a God that had blessed him with her presence. In a way, she did. Death could have very easily left before he caught up to her. She could have very easily formed a contract with him or killed him, she could have done countless things to him but instead chose to have a friendly discussion with him that dived into philosophy and a strong hint to protect his precious students from harm.

She was an enigma, a puzzle he wanted to solve. He felt infatuated with her and drawn to her.

The one thing he hadn't accounted for in all his pondering, was the fact that Death was already making her move when he left Nagana.

_____

Across the city, Death makes a contract with an unknown special grade curse and thinks about what she should eat for dinner before hearing word from a stray that Itadori Yuji was killed in combat.

AN:

Small update! I have an outline of where I want to go with the story now and in our next part, we'll be going to Tokyo~

we also get a small peak at Deaths powers which is cool! Her cursed abilities "Control Devil" (taken from Chainsaw Man!) allows her to control any being she deems lesser than herself, and we see her do it to relay information during this part.