Chapter 12

Pressing the breaks on her yellow bug, Emma deeply sighed. She sat in her car preparing herself to talk to her father. It's no big deal, he pretty much already knows, doesn't he? Okay, come on, Emma.

Entering Granny's with her breath held, she spotted David sitting in a booth alone.

"Hey, dad," she greeted him once she made her way to the booth. She sat down on the opposite side of him.

"Emma, hello," he smiled. "What's going on?"

"Ah, not much. What about you?" she spoke casually.

"Actually, I can't believe I'm saying this, but nothing is really going on right now. How long has it been since we could say that?" he said surprised, making them both laugh.

David noticed that she looked nervous. "Is something wrong?"

She sighed, "Okay, here's the thing. I'm just going to tell you, and-and I'm going to do it."

He leaned forward, grabbing her hand reassuringly. "Killian and I are together. We aren't just a one-time thing, and I think it's going to be serious." she explained, her face filled with worry.

David hesitated for a moment. "Emma, I know that in the past, Hook and I didn't quite get along, but I know that you two are meant for each other. I have accepted that."

She smiled genuinely. "Thank you, dad," she squeezed his hand lovingly as they talked a while longer about Emma's relationship.

"So where's Mom? I'd like to tell her pretty much everything I just talked about with you."

"Oh, I don't think you need to do that. She's actually a big fan of you two," he chuckled.

"Really?" her face lit up with delight. He nodded, finishing their conversation, relieving Emma of her stress. When they said goobye, she drove back to the apartment. Wondering what Killian had been doing while she was out with David, she opened the door. Alone on the couch was a confused Killian.

"Hey, I'm back. What's up?"

"I've been trying to figure out more about this magic box," his eyes were locked on the television and remote as Emma laughed at him.

"Any luck?" she asked, him shaking his head. Then, he quickly jumped up, making eye contact finally.

"Wait, love, how did it go with your father?" he asked, a giant grin appearing on his face, making her go crazy.

"Oh, it was way easier than I thought. He actually really likes you," she smiled as they neared each other.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, smirking. "That's wonderful, Swan," he kissed her gently on the lips. "I have a surprise for you."

"Aw, sweetie, you don't have to do anything for me."

"No, I do. It's your birthday tomorrow and what kind of a person would I be if I didn't do anything for you?"

Emma smiled, "Okay, what did you get me?" she asked excitedly.

He suddenly crashed his lips heavily on her's as they joined in a passionate kiss.

"Mmm, is this it? You should get me this every year." They both smiled at each other.

"Glady," he spoke, his voice low. "However, there is something else. Follow me," he smirked.

They held hands, walking outside with grins on both of their faces.

"Okay, Swan, no peeking," he held up a piece of cloth, tieing it around her head.

"Blindfold, really?" she giggled, unable to see anything.

"Aye. Alright, this way," he gripped her hand while she walked around cluelessy.

"Oh my gosh, I cannot see a thing," she squeezed his hand tight, her other one flailing around to protect herself.

"Really?" she could sense his smirk in his tone. His grip was loose for a moment when she suddenly felt his hand on her lower back.

"Oi, pirate!" she jumped, unaware of anything in her surroundings. He laughed as they approached what he took her to be the destination.

She gasped as she heard keys jingling, "Oh, are we there? Can I see now?"

"Wait...wait..." He led her through the door as she held her breath.

"Okay, now look." She enthusiastically removed the blindfold, as she stared at the sight in front of her. Her hand covered her mouth in shock while he delightfully took in her expression.

"My, god. Killian," she turned to him. "I can't believe this."