Chapter 7

Harry's POV

Rebecca and I talked all through our last class (Technology), and she was literally so, unique, I guess, it just blew me away.

I'd always noticed her, I mean, she's freaking gorgeous, but never really talked to her because of the Emma and Niall being enemies situation.

After today, though, I don't think they'll be enemies for long. I had no doubt that they had kissed in that closet, or at least confessed their feelings.

One of the reoccurring topics Rebecca and I discussed was that they had obviously liked each other for as long as either of us could remember, but acted like they couldn't stand each other.

Ahh, kids.

The bell rang and Rebecca and I stood up in sync.

"I just think that pancakes are wayyyy better than waffles, ya know?"

This was our latest thing we were talking about.

"Yeah, totally," I agreed.

We exited the room and walked down the hallway together, stopping at my locker to shove my backpack in it.

We continued outside in a comfortable silence.

"I had fun today, Harry," Rebecca said before giving me a half hug and started off after Emma.

"I-I did too!" I called after her, stunned by the fact that she had just hugged me. Kind of.

"Emma wait up!"

I watched her fall in sync with her best friend and steal a glance at me before I turned and started off in the other direction.

I turned a corner of the school and instantly ran into Liam.

"Dude, I needa ride to Jefferson Boulevard. Now."

"Alright Li, let's go, then!"

He grabbed my arm, dragged me to the school parking lot, and we climbed into my black jeep.

As we pulled out onto the street, I questioned Liam, "So why exactly am I driving you 20 miles across the city?"

"Because Danielle has a performance and I totally forgot about it! Hurry up!"

"Calm down, Li, Jesus! What time does she go on?"

"She starts dancing in ten minutes and it's the solo she's been working on for four months. Watch the lane!"

I had started to veer into the left lane and quickly jerked the wheel to the right.

"She's gonna kill you if you're not there!" I replied, knowing what happens when Dani gets pissed, us all being friends since forever. Well, everyone except Niall and Emma.

Today during the lockdown drill, Lou had dared Liam to ask out his crush by text, and after a lot of arguing, Li pulled out his phone and typed a short message before turning it off and sliding it back into his pocket.

A short while later, we heard a buzzing sound and Danielle pulled out her phone and her eyes lit up as she read whatever was on the screen.

"LIAM!" she cried, turning around and throwing her arms around his neck.

We all whistled and cheered, knowing that those two had liked each other since they met. They had been "talking" for a few months now, and I guess Liam just needed a push to man up and ask her out. But, I digress. Back to reality.

"I know."

We drove for two minutes, going way over the speed limit, hoping we wouldn't get stopped.