Chapter 9

Rare (not really) photo of Luke and his boyfriend.

There's quite a bit more cussing in this chapter soo.

Niall's POV

When I got home around midnight, I went straight to my room and fell asleep.

After about thirty minutes, my sleep was interrupted by a text from Emma.

iMessage from: Emma

I had a great time with you Ni.

It seemed like we were acting a little too couple-y too fast, but at the same time, we've known each other for TEN years, and basically knew everything about each other, but never acknowledged any of it because we were too focused on each other's weak points; not the fact that Emma's favorite color was mint or that her birthday is December 23.

To: Emma

I had a great time with you, too. Haha wyd

I set my phone back down and waited for her to reply, my lips turned up in a small smile.

I heard the vibration of my phone again, and hurriedly unlocked it.

From: Emma

Laying down, wbu Horan

To: Emma

Lol same. #soexciting

From: Emma

Yassss #stilltireddoe

To: Emma

If your tired go to sleeeeeeep.

From: Emma

But what if I want to talk to you insteeeeead

To: Emma

I forbid you to stay up talking to me! Gotta sleep, hun

From: Emma

You can't forbid me from anything! And you also don't have permission to call me hun.

My hand started to cramp from holding my phone up and typing, so I pressed the call button on my phone to continue this argument.

Riiiing, riiiing, riiiing.

"Yess Mr. Horan?"

"Ahem, Ms. Mason, I have very strict orders to ensure that you get to sleep."

"Oh really, and who would those orders be from, might I ask?"

"The tooth fairy!"

"The tooth fairy, okay then."

"Heyyyy it's true!!"

"Whatever, Niall. I can stay up however late I want."

"Nuh uh! Because if I hang up, then you won't have anything else to do because I am your main focus in life so you will have no choice but to go to sleep."

"Whatever."

"Is that your favorite word or something?"

"No, you're just being stupid," she joked.

"Whatever," I mocked.

"Niall James Horan!"

"Yes maaaaaaam?"

"Don't mock me."

"Well. Someone gets cranky when they're tired. Better get some sleep! Sweet dreams!"