Chapter 14

Sooo I kinda forgot to update for like ever and I'm so so so so sorry!! Here's crappy Chapter 14 and a picture of Michael to make up for it.

Emma's POV
2 weeks later

Ever since that party, I've become addicted to disobeying rules, even the small ones. It could be talking in class, sneaking out, or skipping school, but it all gives me the same adrenaline rush.

Of course, my parents have no clue. To them, I'm still their good girl who studies all the time and is on the fast track to Harvard. Even with all the acting out I've done these two weeks, I've somehow managed to keep my 4.0 gpa and good girl rep. Well, as far as the adult world is concerned.

What the teenage world knows is a completely different story. I'm now called "Rebel-2-shoes" by half of the school because of the way I was before and the fact that I take every and any chance to rebel now.

My friends, Niall specifically, have grown to hate this reputation I've achieved in such a short time. He thinks that I'm overdoing it and could get myself in trouble, which I think is complete and utter bullshit. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. Besides, it's not like I'm getting high or having sex with a dozen different guys. I've simply snuck out to a party 12 out of the last 14 days, and I don't see the big deal about it.

Needless to say, there's been some tension between me and Niall lately.

I contemplated whether my friends could be right as I got ready for another week of school. I did my best to not look tired from barely getting 2 hours of sleep, but failed miserably. As much as I was infatuated with the concept of sneaking out and partying, it was tiring and really took a toll on my body; dark eye circles, constantly being achy, and even some weight loss (not that that's totally bad). In my opinion, the fun I've had makes up for it, but Niall, along with the rest of my friends, can't seem to get over it.

I made my way through the house and went for a cup of coffee instead of breakfast.

"Bye Luke!" I called, and left without waiting for a response.

"Emmaaaaaaa!" Becca screeched as she walked into my driveway.

"Beccaaaaaa!" I screeched in response.

"Look in my driveway!"

I turned and stood on my tiptoes to see over the neighbors' car, but the next family's car blocked my view.

"Stand in the road, you'll see it."

I moved to the middle of the street and looked down the block to see a brand new car sitting in Becca's driveway. It looked like a range rover, but there's no way her parents would spend that kind of money on a car for her.

"YOU GOT A CAR?!" I yelled, running back over to her.

"Yep, a range rover, my early birthday present from my brother!"

Her brother was a military lawyer, so I could see how he afforded that car.

"That's awesome Bec! Why are we standing here when you can drive us to school?!"

She shrugged her shoulders before saying, "Race you to my new car!" and sprinting down the road.

"Cheater!" I yelled, bypassing her within seconds.

When I reached her house, I jumped in the passenger side and waited for Becca to get in the driver's seat.

"Off to school we go!"

As we pulled up in the student parking lot, there were lots of stares and jaw dropping at Bec's new car.

As we walked into the school, a grin was plastered onto her face as compliments on her car were shouted at her.