~eight~

harry

Tonight was the first DA meeting since Christmas and Harry was extremely nervous. He had managed to avoid Cho since their kiss before break, but tonight seeing her was inevitable. He didn't understand his change in feelings, for a over a year he has had a huge crush on Cho, but for the past few weeks he's had almost no interest in her at all. As he gave the situation further thought, his body began to shiver with nervousness. In an attempted to distract himself, Harry turned to Cass.

"Harry, where are you taking me?" Cass laughed as they neared the seventh floor corridor.

"It's a surprise," he smiled.

"Ugh I hate surprises, they unsettle my control issues."

"Don't worry, we're almost there," Harry assured. He lead Cass in front of the concealed entrance of the Room of Requirement. The hall was eerily quiet. Ron and Hermione had muttered some nonsense about a forgotten wand in the common room, leaving Harry and Cass alone. They were early for the meeting because Harry wanted to make sure he had time to show Cass around before everyone arrived. "And we're here," Harry stated and raised his hands.

"Harry, we're looking at a stone wall."

"It's not just any old wall, its the entrance to the Room of Requirement." Cass gave Harry a questioning look. She probably thought he was slightly mental. Harry ignored her look, instead he walked behind her and grabbed her small shoulders. "Now I want you to think 'show me Dumbledore's Army' while you pace in front of the wall." Harry was behind Cass so he couldn't see her face, but he was sure she wore the same questioning expression as before.

With his hand still on her shoulders, Harry began to push Cass forward and guided her as she paced in front of the wall. After a few seconds, the familiar steel door began to appear, but Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Cass. Her look of amazement, joy, and curiosity was captivating.

His gaze was broken when Cass stepped forward to walk through the door. Harry hurried to the door first and opened it for Cass. "Oh my god," she whispered when she looked inside for the first time. Harry smirked, he had the same reaction when he first saw the room.

"It's pretty cool isn't it?"

"Bloody awesome," she exclaimed.

"Yeah it is."

"What is it for?"

"Well it's a secret, so you have to promise you won't tell," Cass shot him look that told Harry he better start explaining before she made sure he couldn't tell anyone anything. Harry smiled and kept talking, "this is where we hold DA meetings. It's a sort of club that we created. We started holding them a few months ago when we realized Umbridge wasn't going to teach us anything about Defense against the Dark Arts. So a few months ago, we created the DA and started teaching ourselves defensive magic. There's about twenty of us, from all houses... except Slytherin of course."

"If there's only students, who teaches all the spells?"

"I do," Harry said with a smile. He tried to hide is smugness when talking, "I've had to learn a bit extra over the years," he said with a bit more modesty. It was hard, he couldn't help but feel like he wanted to impress Cass.

"You must be good then," she smirked and took a step closer. Harry's heart began to pound against his chest, Cass was awfully close. Harry was momentarily stunned.

"Y-yeah I mean... I'm decent." Harry stuttered. Suddenly, he was finding it very hard to form words. Unfortunately Harry would never know what would happen next because they were interrupted by the door to the corridor opening.