~twelve~

harry

After Valentine's Day, Harry didn't see much of Cho. Surprisingly it didn't bother him in the slightest. He had already lost most of his affection for her before their date; and after the disaster in Madam Puddifoot's, he didn't feel anything for her. She was now dating Rodger Davies and Harry found that he was actually glad. It was one less thing he had to worry about.

Despite the impending arrival of their OWLs, students at Hogwarts were surprisingly upbeat. Partly due to the release of Harry's interview. Despite Umbridge banning the Quibbler, every student seemed to have and read the entirety of Harry's interview. It was all anyone had been talking about. Harry was uncomfortable with the attention at first, but now he couldn't help but be glad there were finally people who believed him.

Harry was listening to Fred and George trying to sell a pair of third years a transfigured copy of Harry's interview when Hermione stopped them. "You boys must be joking, there are literally two prefects sitting right here," she gasped.

"Sorry 'Mionie," Fred smiled before slipping the interview into the third year's pocket and snagging their gold.

Harry turned back to his book. He was attempting to write an essay for potions, but it wasn't going too well. Hermione and Ron were sitting across him on their usual loveseat. They appeared to be having better luck.

"I seem to remember you creating the entire concept of this interview, Hermione," Harry said, catching Hermione's attention again.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Hermione smirked.

Harry lifted his quill and tried to continue writing his essay, but he was completely stumped. Snape managed to assign him the most obscure potion and there was almost nothing in the textbook about it. Defeated, Harry slammed the textbook shut and rolled up his parchment.

"I'm going to the library, I'll meet you at the Room of Requirement," Harry said with a huff and left the common room.

The library was almost empty when he entered. Wasting no time, he went to the back and began searching the shelves for any book that could help him.

The quietness of the library was broken by soft giggles emerging from a dark corner surrounded by bookcases. Harry tried to avoid that particular corner, but after searching five rows of shelves, he had no choice but to get closer.

Quietly, Harry walked to the next shelf and began searching. He let out a sigh of relief when he finally spotted a book that would help him. He pulled out the book and turned to leave, but he was distracted by the image behind the now empty space on the shelf.

Unfortunately, once Harry pulled out the book he could see directly into the concealed dark corner. In front of him was Cass. She was sitting on the old couch and with her was Theodore Nott. He was laying across her lap reading a book to her while she played with his hair. Uncontrollable rage filled Harry's body. Before he could do anything he would regret, he stormed from the library, not even bothering to check out the book in his hand.

Harry didn't slow his pace the entire way to the Room of Requirement. The DA meeting didn't start for another hour, but Harry was in no mood to go back to the busy common room. He collapsed onto the floor of cushions and looked up to the ceiling. Harry didn't want to admit his feelings for Cass, but ever since Valentine's Day they were all he could think about. Whenever he was around her his emotions became uncontrollable. It was like how he used to feel around Cho, but ten times more intense.

He was angry at Cass for being with Theo, but even more angry at himself. What if he had asked Cass to go to Hogsmeade with him instead of Cho? Maybe it would've been him laying across her lap in the library.