~ten~

cassandra

The next few weeks were uneventful. Which was fine with Cassandra, she was finally able to begin settling in to her new home.

Fridays quickly became her favorite day of the week. After their first fun small party in Harry and Ron's dorm, the group decided to make it a weekly occurrence. However the group had grown so much it's become a tight squeeze in the small dorm, but no one seemed to mind.

Unfortunately, being a student at Hogwarts involved more than partying. It seemed every week the teachers managed to find more homework to assign. All of the fifth years were drowned in work, but Cassandra was sinking more than most. Not only did she have to learn the material taught in class, but in most of her subjects she had to review material from previous years. All the extra work kept Cassandra in the library most nights.

Tonight was the same. It was Thursday night, so Harry was at Occulumency lessons with Snape and Ron was at Quidditch practice. Hermione usually kept Cassandra company, but she didn't show, leaving Cassandra alone.

Cassandra was reading a book about different antidotes to potions and potions when her attention was... disrupted. A book slammed on the table across from her. Cassandra jumped in her seat. In front of her appeared a tall, dark haired boy looking down at her with a smirk. It was Theodore Nott.

"Hello," Theodore greeted as he sat down. Cassandra blinked in confusion at the boy.

"Uh... hello Theodore," she said unsurely.

"Call me Theo."

Cassandra closed her book and placed it on the table, "don't take this the wrong way, but um... what are you doing here?"

"I've come to read of course," Theo smiled and patted the top of his book. Cassandra raised an eyebrow at the boy, showing her skepticism. "Alright alright you got me, I didn't come to read."

"Shocking," she teased. Cassandra tried to appear annoyed, but a grin formed across her face. Something about Theo's smile made her want to smile too.

"I came here to inform you we are going on a date." Cassandra almost choked on the air she was breathing. Her eyes widened in confusion at the boy in front of her. He responded by leaning forward in his chair and resting his head in his hands. He stared back into Cassandra's eyes, goading her to say something, anything.

"I'm not- what are you talking about- we don't have a date," Cassandra stuttered, "I don't even know you."

"That's why we're going on a date this Saturday." Theo said while standing up from his chair, "meet me by the trail to Hogsmeade at noon," he pronounced before beginning to walk away.

"Wait!" Cassandra called and Theo looked back at her, "I haven't even said yes."

Theo only responded with a smirk before walking out of the library, leaving Cassandra in shock. She was left to think about what had just happened. Why was a stranger so interested in her? And what the hell was she supposed to do. This Saturday was Valentine's Day.

Admittedly, Theo was extremely cute, but she was more more interested in exploring Hogsmeade with Hermione. Unfortunately, Ron and Harry wouldn't be joining them. Ron had quidditch practice and Harry was going on a date with Cho. Cassandra pressed her lips together as she remembered Harry's Saturday plans, suddenly Theo's proposal became more enticing.

Cassandra wasn't exactly sure why Harry's date bothered her so much. Harry had become one of her best friends, she should be happy for him. Instead Cassandra felt sick when she thought about it.