3.1

A rough hand, one with calloused finger tips and dark painted nails. Cold staples and textured scars, all ran across my thigh, gently grabbing and positioning my legs. He was beneath me, and his eyes, though hooded and looking into my own, held no feeling, no suggestiveness, despite the intimate act.

He stared at me for moment, as though he was sensing every single horrid thought I was having about him. The gaze made me gulp, and his hand lingered, having already completed its job. Though still, I sensed no reciprocation, even as he got back up, standing to his full height and returning to his place behind the camera. The final picture was snapped, capturing the position he had perfectly guided me to with his masterful hands. As the camera clicked, he turned his attention to his watch, rising his arm to get a better look of the current time. With a sigh, he turned his tired eyes back to me.

"We're done. I've got somewhere to be."

My eyebrows furrowed, clear confusion overtaking me. Typically we'd have 30 more minutes, and Nigel hadn't told me we'd be shooting for any less. The dark-haired man signaled to the assistants that stood throughout the room, though they were sparse, and each of them began to pack up and neutralize the room for whatever its next use may be.

Touya didn't bid me goodbye, instead just minding his own and packing his equipment. Two girls approached me, taking off my jacket and beginning to pull out the many pins in my hair. They held my attention just long enough for me to loose track of the photographer, and, before I knew it, he'd disappeared from the room. I quickly excused myself from the sweet ladies, hurrying down the hallway and cursing the slow elevators. I crossed my fingers, hoping I could catch up to him before he was too far gone. To my luck, I could see him round a corner as I stepped into the lobby, with a light jog, and the cold outside breeze hitting my face, i knew I was close enough to catch him.

"Touya!" I called, hoping to catch his attention. He stopped, swinging around to look who had shouted, expression fading from his face once he saw it had been me. His head tilted to the side, telling me he would hear what I had to say. I jogged a bit to catch up to him. "Um," I started nervously. "I really enjoyed working with you, so I, I was wondering if you'd want to maybe get a drink sometime?" I breathed heavily.

He simply blinked at me expressionlessly, a look that was starting to drive me crazy. I hated not being able to read him, and hated even more that he could read me.

"Nah." he answered plainly, sending my mind into a panic. He didn't add anything to his curt response, no reasoning or pitiful consolation, simply leaving me to stare at him, and accept my defeat. Though it seemed he had nothing else to stay, he didn't move, he waited for me to reply.

"o-oh." Was all I could manage to help clear the awkward silence.

He sighed, and lowered his head down to be slightly closer to my height, almost as if he was teasing me. "You're not even old enough to drink, sweet cheeks." he smirked, the first facial expression I'd gotten from him all day. My breathing seemed to halt because of how close his face was to mine.  "Besides," he began again, rising away from me. "I've got a girlfriend."

He stepped aside, allowing me to look ahead to where he was previously heading before I'd interrupted him. A beautiful girl stood in front of her equally as sleek black car, with pinned up hair, and fingers laced with delicate rings. Her entire demeanor seemed to be the exact and utter opposite of his.

"Eva!" the scarred man shouted, grabbing her attention. He motioned his head towards me, making my eyes widen as she walked up to where we stood. "Y/N, this is my girlfriend, Evangeline. Eva, this was my model today, Y/N."

Now that she was by his side, Touya's aura seemed to brighten. His eyes had more light, and his lips began to turn into small smiles every once and a while. To my surprise, the girl smiled brightly, extending a hand for me to shake, and greeting me with not an ounce of malice. I returned her sentiment, of course, but still watched as Touya slid a hand around her waist. Jealousy grew beneath me, not because I wish I were the in Evangelines place, but because I wished I had someone that cared for me the way Touya cared for her.

He sighed, "Like I said, we've gotta go, so I'll see you." Touya added, and I recalled the entire reason we'd ended the shoot early.

"Right, uhm, it was nice meeting you!" I told the girl, Evangeline, to which she said the same. I watched as they left, watched as the man gently guided her into the passenger seat after opening the door for her, and watching as she giggled when he revved the car, and watched as he let out a hearty laugh, just before driving away.

I sighed, feeling embarrassed at my complete and utter failure as I made my way but upstairs to undress and get back home as quickly as possible. My trek back up the elevator warped to be more like a walk of shame, with me wondering why I'd asked Touya out in the first place even though he hasn't shown an ounce of interest in me. I must be getting fairly desperate.

When I returned to the dressing room, I felt like I could finally relax, no longer intimidated by the presence of severely attractive men. I dropped into my chair sat in front of the mirror, grabbed my phone, and skimmed through the notifications. One happened to catch my eyes more than others.

1 message from d3monwings

~~

Short chapter, but im going to drop 3.2 in three days, so please forgive me *-*