Ultimate Chapter (3 of 3)

Ultimate Chapter

"You're going home tomorrow then?"

I glanced at Xavier, my cousin who's sitting comfortably on the black divan in the middle of the room. He was holding a glass of champagne in his hand and he looks so relaxed.

"Yeah, my work here is finished."

"But you signed another contract with your company?" He raised his brows.

"Oo. Mateo Associates is one of the best out there. I have no problem with the terms, other than that, the CEO favors me too much."

Tumawa siya at umiling. Tumayo siya at naglakad palapit sa akin. I averted my eyes to the glass wall, overseeing the peaceful night sky of New Zealand. I shoved my left hand in my pocket and sipped on my drink.

"You might have escaped Lolo's plan to marry you off but it seems like you're still walking on thin ice. Are you sure you're not staying in the company because of the CEO's daughter?" Ngumisi siya.

My brows furrowed and I glanced at him for a second. "Sino? Gianna?"

"Yeah, that girl. You're training her, right?"

Tumango ako. "She's a junior colleague to me. Don't get your mind elsewhere."

"Not your type?" He shrugged.

Umiling ako at tumawa siya. I smirked and massaged my nape.

Just after passing the board, I received a lot of offers in the country. This is the second company I worked for. It's one of the biggest and most successful out there. They sent me to New Zealand after months of working locally. And now that my contract here is done, I'm going back.

"Thank you for your dedication and service, Mr. Manzanar. I'm really glad that you chose us yet again even when a lot is trying to fish you." Nakipag-kamay sa akin si Mr. Gaudence Mateo, the CEO of Mateo Associates.

I smiled at him. MA has really been good to me. They offer me a lot of opportunities and ventures. I have no problem with my superiors and the people I work with thus the structure of the administration is excellent and just.

"I'm giving you a break, you've worked a lot, I heard. And thank you also for taking care of my daughter." Ngumiti siya.

"No problem, Sir. The next project will be a residential house in Pasay?" I probed.

"Yes. The good Mayor personally requested for you. I'm sure you're not letting it pass?"

"Yes, Sir."

I left his office after he dismissed me. I was on my way to the Construction Administration to look for Camden when I saw Gianna walking towards me. She smiled at me and waved. Gianna was with me in New Zealand but she went back earlier because she was not included in the project. She was just there to oversee my work as one way to train her.

"I immediately came here when I heard you're back. How's your flight?" Her sweet soft voice lingered in my ears for a few seconds.

"Normal," ngumiti ako. "How's the training going?"

"My current superior is nice but it would be more wonderful if it's you again." She chuckled.

"I will be working on a project. I heard you're taking a minor project?" Pinasadahan ko ng kamay ang medyo magulo kong buhok, galing sa biyahe ay dumiretso ako agad dito.

"Hmmm." Tumango siya. "Just a café. Wanna hang out later?"

Saglit akong nag-isip. "I'll see. I don't have plans for the meantime."