Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The nurse called me inside while Kean was left to fill out the logbook for me. Medyo nabawasan na 'yong hilo ko kaya medyo kaya ko na maglakad mag-isa.

"So, what exactly do you feel?" Ngumiti ang nurse sa akin.

I told her that I'm dizzy and my head is aching. She asked if I've been feeling a lot like that the past days. I also told her that I have a hard time sleeping and I couldn't eat much, sometimes, not at all.

Hindi ko na sinabi iyong pananakit ng tiyan ko o 'yong cramps ko minsan dahil hindi ko naman na 'yon nararamdaman. She asked the basic questions like how old I am and past illnesses if there were.

She sighed and smiled. "No matter how busy or occupied you are, huwag mong pabayaan ang sarili mo. Students tend to do that always."

Binigyan niya ako ng gamot at sinabing kumain muna ako bago inumin 'yon.

"I understand how busy school life is but you should always check on your health. Your health should always be your priority. Mas mahirap magkasakit kaysa maghabol ng lessons. You're a med student yet you can't take care of yourself?" She kidded.

"Hindi po ba signs ng sakit itong palaging pananakit ulo at pagkahilo, Ma'am?" I asked.

"It can be, but since you said you have no history of any illnesses, pwedeng dahil sa stress 'yan. Lack of sleep. Lack of healthy foods. And you know what happens to the body if you don't give it that. So, just monitor yourself, drink your meds and if it still persists, I advise you to visit the hospital."

Nagpasalamat ako bago lumabas ng office. Nakita ko si Kean na naghihintay sa may mga bangko sa loob ng clinic. He was scrolling through his phone. Nang umupo ako sa tabi niya ay agad siyang napalingon sa akin.

"Okay na? Anong sinabi sayo?"

I heaved a deep breath and glanced at him. I smiled a little and showed him the meds they gave me.

"My fault. I don't get enough sleep and I don't eat that much."

He sighed and glared at me a little. "Iinumin mo na ba 'yan? Kuha ako ng tubig."

"Sorry..." I croaked.

Natigil siya sa akmang pagtayo. Kunot noo niya akong tiningnan.

"Bakit?"

"You missed the first class because of me. Hindi ka ba mapapagalitan? At least ako, hindi pa pumapasok."

He stared at me and his lips pursed. He smiled and shrugged.

"I can just make reasons besides, wala namang masyadong gagawin. Discussion lang. This is my first absent in the class so, no big deal."

Ngumuso ako at tumango. Tuluyan siyang tumayo para kumuha ng tubig. Sinamahan niya ako sa clinic hanggang sa matapos ang oras para sa first class namin. Sabay kaming pumasok para sa susunod kaya naman umulan ang tanong kung saan siya galing. Kean went out to talk to our instructor while I tried to regain my strength on my seat.

During my break, I received a message from Axev. He was sorry that he couldn't answer my call because they were busy with their miniature. He also asked what's wrong but I said it's already settled. Hindi na siya muling nag-reply at buong break akong naghihintay.

We were in a middle of a class when we received a bad news. One of our former classmates and whom I consider a good friend, died because of a car accident. It was a sudden. Hindi ko alam kung anong mararamdaman nang malaman 'yon.

The whole duration of the class, everyone was quiet except for the instructor who tried her best to teach us even when the atmosphere is heavy and even when she knows that nobody is listening. After the class, they gathered our entire batch for a prayer service.