Epilogue

You have reached the end and for that, I am very grateful. I just hope that you have learned something from this story. It is never wrong to choose yourself and your dreams. If darkness consumes your world, go and find your healing, even when you need to let go of some things. Failures are inevitable and inescapable but I hope that you hold on a little longer. Remember that no season will last forever. I am rooting for all of you, whatever you are pursuing now in life – I hope you will all succeed.

Again, thank you so much! I will do better in my future works. I hope to meet you there. Until the next La Provincia De Cagayan!

Epilogue

Mula sa pagkakasandal sa nguso ng sasakyan ay napaayos ako ng tayo nang makita si Dea na papalabas ng hospital. She's wearing her white coat and was busy tying her hair while walking towards me.

I smiled at her and immediately put my arms around her waist as she stands in front of me. I kissed the top side of her head before I felt her hand on my shoulder.

"You're early today? Hindi pa ako makaka-uwi," ngumuso siya at tumingala sa akin.

"I just dropped by, Doctor." Ngumiti ako at hinaplos ang pisngi niya.

She looks exhausted. Palagi siyang mukhang pagod kaya kahit anong paliwanag niya na gano'n talaga, dahil palaging kulang sa tulog, hindi ko pa rin maiwasang mag-alala. She's taking care of others but she can't seem to oversee herself properly. So that has become my job nowadays.

It's her second year as a resident doctor and I could never be more proud of her. She rarely goes home since she's been living with me for months now. Sometimes, we'd go to her condo, it depends on wherever she wants. Her condo is nearer to the hospital anyway.

"I brought you something," I said before letting her go.

Binuksan ko ang pintuan ng sasakyan at kinuha do'n ang biniling pagkain. Her favorite fruit shake and dessert. Her lips stretched for a cheery smile when I offered it to her. I smiled a little upon looking at her reaction.

"How did you know I was craving for this?" She jumped out of excitement.

"Fiancé's instinct?" I smirked.

"Tss," she rolled her eyes. "Wala kasing ganito sa cafeteria! I'm always craving for this whenever I'm stressed."

Nagtaas ako ng kilay at tinuro ang sarili. "You have a delivery man right here. Use it to your advantage."

Tumawa siya at lumapit lalo sa akin. Nakasandal na ako sa pintuan ng sasakyan. We are in the parking lot and it's extra sunny today. Huminga ako ng malalim nang maamoy ang pabango niya, halos isang dipa na lang ang layo sa akin.

"Use it to my advantage?" She pursed her lips. "How about a stress-reliever man and not a delivery man?"

I stared at her. The lit in her eyes immediately told me what she wants. She bit her lip when she saw how my jaw clenched. She twitched her eyebrows when I didn't say anything. Damn this woman.

"Ayaw mo?"

Umigting ang aking panga bago inangat ang kamay para makita ang oras sa relo. Binalik ko ang tingin sa kaniya.

"Is it fine if you'll be out for two hours?" My brows elevated.

Kumunot ang kaniyang noo. "Two hours?"

"I'll make sure to relieve all your stress." I shrugged. "Come on, we should go. Two hours isn't even enough."

Her lips parted before she corrected her poise. Umayos siya ng tayo at nag-seryoso. Umangat ang gilid ng labi ko sa reaksyon niya.