Chapter 10

Eddy is woken up by the sound of violin playing coming from the next room. He doesn't want to get up, knowing what is waiting for him when he does. But at the end he has to get up dress himself. He goes towards Brett's room and knocks on the door.

"Come in!" shouts Brett. Eddy walks into the room and sees Brett who's putting his violin into it's case.

"Hey, Brett, have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"No, I was waiting for you. Are we going to eat now?"

"Yes, what would you like to eat?"

Brett thinks for a moment. He knows Eddy isn't good at cooking. He has burnt the food more than once since they started living together. That's why Brett's the one who cooks.

"I think I'm going to make myself a sandwich, do you also want one?"

"Yes, please Brett. I'm just going to shower while you make them."

Eddy showered while Brett made the sandwiches. When he came out they ate their breakfast. For the whole time they remained silent.

After breakfast they go to the filming room and take out their violins. Before they turn on the camera they make plans for the video.

Eddy has to end his note earlier, so he decides to play faster in the beginning. That will make him run out of bow before Brett and Brett's going to win. They decide to incorporate a joke at the end so no one will suspect a thing.

After they film the video Eddy edits the video and adds a funny disclaimer. Then they post the video on their channel.

_

After less than an hour Brett receives Anna's phone call. They had expected her to call and mock them, but not that early.

"Hi guys, I saw your new video." they hear her laugh. "So, does Brett have a bigger one or what? But Eddy, you probably already know that, don't you. You see each other all the time" she laughs again. They look at each other; they both think Anna's annoying and that her joking isn't funny.

Brett decides to stop her: "Anna, can you please stop? You're making us uncomforable and it's annoying."

"Okay, I'm sory Brett. I'm going to go now. Bye." They hear the regret in her voice and say goodbye at the same time. Then Brett hangs up.

Eddy looks at  Brett with relief: "Wow, that was stressful."

"Yeah, wasn't it." Brett smiles at Eddy.

Then Brett's phone vibrates. He looks at the the screen and sees that he received a message from Anna: Please call me when you're alone.

"Who is it, Brett?" asks Eddy.

"Umm, just a friend. Nothing important."

Eddy doesn't seem convinced: "Okay... Then I'll just go to my room and practice, I guess."

_

As soon as Eddy leaves Brett calls Anna. "Hey, why did you want me to call you alone?"

Anna takes a deep breath and starts: "I don't know if I should tell you this, but seeing you and Eddy like you are now makes me sad."

"What are we like?" Brett starts getting nervous. Does she know? Is it visible that he loves Eddy in a non-friendly way?

"I know you like him, Brett." Anna says. Shit, thinks Brett, she does know. "Don't try to deny it, Brett. I know you've liked him like this for a long time now, I noticed. And don't be nervous, I'm not going to tell Eddy what we are talking about right now."

Brett is relieved, because Anna won't tell Eddy anything. But again, if she knows, how many other people did notice too? "Anna, does anyone else also know?"

"I don't think so. I just noticed, because I've been paying attention to you two."

"Okay, thanks. Please don't tell anyone what I said."

"I won't", promises Anna, "but that's not why I wanted to talk to you."

"Really, what was it?" Anna's words catch Brett's attention. If she didn't call him to confront him, then what was happening?

"Brett, what I'm going to say are just my observations. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think it's very likely that Eddy also likes you the same way that you like him."

That leaves Brett quiet. Could the only thing he has ever wanted actually be true? He composes himself and asks Anna: "How can you be sure? Has he told you anything?"

"No, he hasn't, but I see the way he looks at you, Brett. He lookes at you just like you look at him."

Brett wants so much for what Anna told him to be true. But what if it isn't? "What should I do, Anna?"

"It's none of my business, but I think you two should talk. He's scared that you'll hate him if he tells you, so he pretends nothing is happening. Tell him it's okay if he likes you and that you'll be him friend no matter what."

Brett was quiet, but then he realized he should probably say something: "Okay, thanks Anna, I'll talk to him. Thank you for calling me. Bye!"

"Bye, Brett!"

(820 words)