Chapter 12

As expected they didn't sleep much that night. They wake up late and eat breakfast in silence, both bracing themselves. After their breakfast they go into their filming room. Brett starts to set up their equipment, while Eddy just sits on the couch. Brett notices that and turns around to finally confront Eddy. Just as he opens his mouth, Eddy starts talking.

"Brett" Eddy seems hesitant, but continues anyway, "I have to tell you something."

What!? Is Eddy going to confess? Brett steps towards the couch and sits on the other end. He can barely hold back his excitement when he asks: "Okay, what is it?"

"I-" Eddy takes a moment to continue, "I really like you Brett. Not just as a friend." He pauses again and then continues: "I've liked you for a very long time, Brett, but I didn't know how to tell you that. I thought you'd think it's weird and be disguisted by me."

He wants to continue, but Brett interrupts him. "No, of course not! You're my best friend, I'd never think something like that." Meanwhile he is thinking: Oh my god, he really said it! He really likes me just as much as I like him! He wants to tell him in that moment  that he feels the same and just kiss him, but he waits. He wants to hear what Eddy has to say.

Eddy continues: "I've always thought there's no chance you'll ever like me, but then something happened. After you told me about your phone call with Anna yesterday, I called her myself. She said she knows both of us feel the same and-" Eddy chuckles, remembering what Anna said, "and that we should stop being so oblivious."

That makes Brett laugh also. He knows Anna often can't help herself and can't stay out of other people's lives. But at that moment he is actually very grateful for her. If she didn't say anything, nothing would happen.

Eddy interrupts his thinking and finally says: "I know I can't take my words back now that I've told you this. But I have to ask something." Brett looks back at Eddy, wanting to know his question. Eddy asks: "I'd like to know. Did she tell the truth? When she said you like me too?"

Brett smiles at Eddy, who already knows the answer: "Yes, she did tell the truth." He doesn't hide his excitement and happiness when he finally, for the first time in his life gets to say: "I like you too. And I have for years."

They are both smiling widely. Brett moves closer to Eddy and throws his arms around him, hugging him tightly. They are both extremely happy, because they can finally be honest around each other. They sit for some time, hugging each other. They press their foreheads together while just inhaling each other's scent.

Brett remembers what he wanted to do earlier. A playful smile forms on his lips as he asks: "Shouldn't we kiss now or something?"

Eddy laughs; Brett always knows how to make him smile, even if it's just with a funny comment like this one. "Yeah, we really should."

Their heads move closer as they exchange a soft and sweet kiss.

(539 words)