Chapter 13

This did not happen. He and Brett did not just kiss. They press their foreheads back together. Both are happy that they can finally be honest around each other after such a long time. They sit in silence until Brett says:

"I love you, Eddy."

"I love you too."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes, of course Brett, I'd love to be!" Eddy is very excited.

They kiss again and then Brett asks: "What now? Would you like to spend a day watching movies on the couch?" Brett isn't in the mood for doing anything.

Eddy smiles. "Yes, that sounds great. We're going to regret doing nothing today, though. We will have to film a lot tomorrow."

Brett rolls his eyes. "Why do you always worry so much, boyfriend?" Eddy smiles at the nickname Brett called him. "We'll have enough time tomorrow."

"Fine then", Eddy answers, "but don't complain tomorrow."

_

They move to the living room, sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

Brett looks at Eddy. "What would you like to watch?"

"Umm, I don't know, just pick something."

Brett moves between different TV stations until he finds a movie, some sort of a romantic comedy. But they don't pay attention to it, they are too busy cuddling and talking. That's why after some time Eddy asks:

"Brett, why don't we turn off the TV, we aren't even watchig it?"

Brett grabs the remote and turns the TV off without saying anything. Eddy turns to look at him. Brett seems thoughtful.

"Brett, what are you thinking about?"

That kind of wakes Brett from his thoughts, making him look at Eddy.

"I'd like to know how you knew you liked me, Eddy. It's just weird, because I haven't noticed anything. And you also didn't know that I liked you. So, when did you know?"

Eddy remembers his teenage years and how it was hard for him to accept his feelings. And also the summer camp thing that they've never spoken about before.

"I knew when I was seventeen. Do you remember that summer camp we went to with our friends?" Brett nodds. "I first noticed something's different a few months before we went there. But what really made me realize that I like you was that challenge we had to do. The one that you made!" They both laugh, remembering the awkwardness they felt that evening.

Brett replies: "You also remember that? Wow, I hoped you would forget."

"Are you serious?! How would I be able to forget that? That was my first kiss."

"Yeah, mine also."

"Brett, do you remember when you said you were sparing your first kiss for someone special. Did you have anyone in mind?" Eddy really wants to know. He's still not sure if Brett liked him back then.

Brett blushes. "You were actually that person."

"What, are you serious?!" Eddy can't believe what he's hearing. "All those years we were hiding instead of actually being together. I can't believe that."

"I tried to not think about you. You had girlfriends before. I thought you had no interest in me!"

"So did you! We were so dumb, both of us thinking that. But now we are together and that's some important."

They are still sitting close together, Eddy having his arm around Brett's shoulder. Brett moves so he is half sitting in Eddy's lap now. Eddy pulls his head up and they kiss again. They can't stay without the touch of each other for long. They've both been wanting that for such a long time.

It's dark outside. Eddy looks at his phone and notices it's already evening. They have to go to bed soon if they want to have the energy for work the next day.

"Brett, it's getting late. We should eat something and then go to sleep."

"Okay, are we going to just order something?"

"Sure, what would you like to eat?"

"Maybe just something as usual. Chinese?"

"Sounds good to me." Eddy orders the food.

The food arrives soon. Both of them are hungry, because they haven't eaten much that day. They eat and prepare themselves for sleep.

"Eddy, can I sleep with you?" He realizes how this might sound and corrects himself. "Sorry, I just meant sleep in the same bed, nothing more." He's blushing, which Eddy find very adorable.

"I was just thinking of asking you the same thing."

"Great."

Eddy realizes how wide their smiles are. Wow, we probably look like idiots, smiling like this. But at least we are idiots who are in love.

Brett goes to bed first while Eddy is still in the bathroom. When Eddy comes to his room, he goes under the covers and puts his arms around Brett who clinges to him.

Eddy smiles at a thought that appears in his mind. "You know, Brett, when you asked if you can sleep with me earlier? I wouldn't mind if we did what you had in mind."

Brett blushes, but Eddy can't see that in the dark. "Then maybe we really should do that. Not now, though, I want to sleep."

Eddy smiles, being sleepy himself. "I know, I wasn't thinking now."

Falling asleep is easy that night. Everything's easier when you are in a warm embrace of someone you love.

(881 words)