Chapter 9

Eddy's freaking out. What if he accidentally does something weird!? It'll be awkward no matter what they do, but he doesn't want to make it even worse. Just relax and don't look, he says to himself. Brett won't notice anything.

At the same time Brett's thinking: Was I too enthusiastic about doing the challenge? Have I revealed anything that I shouldn't?

_

Afternoon comes. They both come to the living room, bringing a meter with them.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" says Brett slowly, but reassuringly.

Eddy looks like he regrets it and Brett is right. He really does not feel comfortable at all. But he only shakes his head and lets out a shaking sigh.

"No, we have to do this, we promised" says Eddy, his voice shaking.

That's when Brett's feelings take over him and he raises his voice: "I know what we promised, but that doesn't mean we really have to do that! We were drunk after all. And they are our friends, they'll understand."

Now Eddy is visibly shaking. "N-no, I promise, it's fine, I-" "Eddy, I see how much you're shaking. You don't have to do this. Please, believe me." Brett interrupts Eddy, trying to calm him down.

But Eddy has already decided. They were gonna do it. He looks up in Brett's eyes and starts to unbotton his pants.

_

They are quick. Eddy's first. He does it in just a few seconds and then puts on his pants back on. Brett's hands are trembling as he holds the meter which happened to somehow entangle. 

"Damn it" says Brett.

"Do you want me to help you, Brett?"

"Yes, please" says Brett and hands Eddy the meter. He untangles the meter and gives it back to Brett while trying not to look at him. "Thanks"

After Brett finishes, they have another awkward conversation.

"So", Brett starts, "mine is bigger so I guess it also has to be longer tomorrow when we film?" He is unsure of what he should say.

Eddy nods: "Yes, I guess."

"Fine. I-" Brett thinks for a second: "can I stay here tonight? I don't have food at home and it'll be easier tomorrow if I'm already here."

"Yeah, sure. You can sleep in the guest room."

"Thanks Eddy. I'm going to my room now, I have to practice."

"Great, me too."

They both leave and close the doors behind them. They eat dinner separately which almost never happens. They don't even watch TV together or play video games. The night comes with both of them alone in their rooms, practicing. They don't want to stop, because if they did, heavy thoughts will start bothering them.

(419 words)